[SOLVED] New PC Build not powering up.

ImJelleh

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Hi I recently purchased all new parts for a new PC Build. I installed everything, went to hit the power button and nothing happens. Not even the debug LEDs are showing any signs of life. Anything helps,
thanks!

MOBO - MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU - i7-9700k
CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz
PSU - G.Skill MB750G
GPU - Asus RTX 2060

Solution
Things to try.

Make sure your ram is inserted all the way and locked into place.

Make sure the CPU is lined up the right way and that no pins in the socket are bent.

Make sure your GPU is tightened in. Otherwise a loose GPU can cause this.

Make sure the CPU and motherboard 20+4 power connectors are plugged in correctly.

Make sure your power supply is big enough to take the load of your pc.

ImJelleh

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Hi I recently purchased all new parts for a new PC Build. I installed everything, went to hit the power button and nothing happens. Not even the debug LEDs are showing any signs of life. Anything helps,
thanks!

MOBO - MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU - i7-9700k
CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE
Ram - Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz
PSU - G.Skill MB750G
GPU - Asus RTX 2060
Just went to Best Buy, bought another Mobo, the MSI Gaming Plus Z390. Plugged everything back in and still having the same problem.

Are you sure the power switch on the PSU is on? Are you sure you connected the front panel power button wire to the front panel header on the motherboard correctly? Are you sure the power outlet you're using is not faulty? Are you using a power strip? If so, is switch on it turned on?

Aug 22, 2020
Things to try.

Make sure your ram is inserted all the way and locked into place.

Make sure the CPU is lined up the right way and that no pins in the socket are bent.

Make sure your GPU is tightened in. Otherwise a loose GPU can cause this.

Make sure the CPU and motherboard 20+4 power connectors are plugged in correctly.

Make sure your power supply is big enough to take the load of your pc.

Solution