Question New PC build shutting down....kind of

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 19, 2019
First off, here are the specs of my (first pc build)..

Asrock AB350m Pro4
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Old Geforce GTX 560
EVGA 500w bronze psu
Corsair 16bg ddr4 2400mhz
Samsung 860EVO M.2 ssd
WD blue 1TB hd

Okay so first off I want to mention that I have not played any games on this setup, only used it to browse the web.

What happens is the screen goes black, and the pc acts like it is rebooting but never boots back up. Screen stays black and ALL fans are spinning at 100%. It will set like that for days until it is rebooted or sometimes have to completely do a hard shut down. It seems to be completely random, but I have noticed if the pc has been shut off for a couple of days that I can usually keep it running for 5-6 hours. After it starts shutting down and I bring it back up I usually only have a few minutes before it shuts down again.

What I have tried thus far..

Removing 1 ram stick at a time
Moving both ram sticks to different slots
Constantly monitor temps and voltages
Monitor Event Viewer (Found issues with Com Server errors during shut down times, went into services and stopped Com+Event System
Re-seated ALL connections in the system
Updated bios to 3.4

Other things to note...

I had trouble when installing a copy of windows purchased from Kinguin, the key failed. So I purchased straight from microsoft and loaded that key in....I'm not a 100% sure that I did it correctly, but windows seems like its working fine.

I have also noticed that the pc doesn't shut down while in the bios.

I know I am long winded but wanted to be thorough, as I have been troubleshooting this pc for almost a year and I haven't gotten anywhere. ANY help will be greatly appreciated!!

Mar 19, 2019
Well, I installed the new graphics card last Friday. No change as far as the shutting down goes. So I went ahead and ordered a new ASUS TUF B350 mother board. It came in today, so I installed and downloaded all new drivers and bios update. Ive been on the pc ever since, even played several hours of games and it is running perfectly and has not shut down. I noticed with my old Asrock that I was constantly pulling around 70A even just setting at the desktop, and when I tried to play call of duty it would peak over 100A. With this new board, I am around 40A idle, and peaking about 67A gaming...wondering if that was my issue?