Question New PC build won't boot to Windows but boots to BIOS ?

beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
So after building my new PC I was able to get to BIOS and be able to select my PC to boot to a USB drive that has the Windows installation media on it. After installing Windows onto my M.2 SSD, I tried to boot my PC to windows but was only greeted with "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart." (or a blue screen).

After my PC restarts, it attempts to reboot windows 10, and once again the blue screen pops up. After this I tried to install Windows onto my 2.5" SSD and after doing so the blue screen came up again. As my last knowledgeable resort, I removed 2 out of the 4 RAM sticks and see if it changed, sadly I got blue screened again. I tried that process of switching out RAM sticks but was unsuccessful and am now stumped for what the problem is. All cables, parts, storage are all installed correctly.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tests to try to get my PC to actually boot into Windows 10 ?

If needed, I am able to state my PC parts.

beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
Ok so the specs are
CPU: i7-10k000kf
MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix z490-e
RAM: Corsair Vengenace RBG Pro 32gb (4x8gb)
PSU: Corsair RM850x Gold Plus
M.2: Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500gb)
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO (1tb)
HDD: Seagate Barracude (2tb)
GPU: MSI 2060 Gaming z 6gb

And it was a fresh installation and setup of the windows installation media (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) and set it up all correctly and then downloaded it to a 16GB USB stick and plugged it in. Windows setup screen appeared, selected the language, version of windows and inputted my windows key and after restarting the system it would just blue screen. As for the GPU and CPU temp, the BIOS, from memory stated the CPU was running at around 29°C, as for the GPU not too sure but all devices were shown to be connected, the BIOS was also able to detect that "windows installation media" had been installed onto the m.2.

beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
I have tried the XMP profile but that also didn't work, I took out the ram sticks and tried them booting then with all different orders and different sticks, also no luck.
I have tried installing windows onto different drives but that didn't work, as for unplugging all other drives, I haven't tried that, hopefully, that will sort this issue out.

Ok so the specs are
CPU: i7-10k000kf
MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix z490-e
RAM: Corsair Vengenace RBG Pro 32gb (4x8gb)
PSU: Corsair RM850x Gold Plus
M.2: Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500gb)
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO (1tb)
HDD: Seagate Barracude (2tb)
GPU: MSI 2060 Gaming z 6gb

And it was a fresh installation and setup of the windows installation media (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) and set it up all correctly and then downloaded it to a 16GB USB stick and plugged it in. Windows setup screen appeared, selected the language, version of windows and inputted my windows key and after restarting the system it would just blue screen. As for the GPU and CPU temp, the BIOS, from memory stated the CPU was running at around 29°C, as for the GPU not too sure but all devices were shown to be connected, the BIOS was also able to detect that "windows installation media" had been installed onto the m.2.
During the installation, are you connected to the internet? If not, maybe there's an update that you need either during or immediately after the installation.