Feb 2, 2021
Ok so I just built my PC (I'll list part details down below), but after putting everything together and plugging everything where it should be I run into an issue. I'll start with what works, my fans run perfectly fine (GPU fan runs too), so I'm guessing that's no issue with my motherboard, GPU, or PSU. (Also note this is my first build) Please help I'm in a bit of a pickle :/

Heres my issues
  1. When RAM sticks are installed and PC is turned on DRAM and CPU error lights turn on, on the motherboard
  2. When RAM sticks are removed from the motherboard only the DRAM error light turns on, on the motherboard, the CPU error light isn't on
  3. Now I don't know if this is a result of an issue caused by the error lights, but my ports on the motherboard aren't powering my mouse and keyboard.
  4. I can't get any display (plugged into GPU)

Parts list:
  1. CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-core
  2. MB: MSI MAG B460M Bazooka
  3. RAM: Adapta XPG Z1 16 GB (2x8GB)
  4. GPU: ASRock Radeon RX 570 4GB
  5. PSU: EVGABR 450 W 80+ Bronze
  6. Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB
  7. CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
(If you need additional info about parts I'll try my best to provide it)

Solution
Im running an Intel Core i5 and my motherboard info says the i5 supports up to DDR4 2666 MHz, if I have DDR4 3000 MHz sticks could that be the issue

I believe most DDR4 sticks are 2133MHz and some 2666 MHz, DDR4 2933, 3000, 3200 and beyond are uually XMP or DOCP or if you prefer "overclocking" speeds which the RAM maker said thier stick are capable of, as long as you have a chipset that allows it.

So in short, most sitck of RAM should be able to work with your current cpu without an issue, as long as they are OK of course.
- Any chance you forgot to plug the CPU power cables into the mobo? Of course the cables come from the PSU.

- Any chance you can get a stick of RAM that you know it works?

- Have you tried to remove the SSD out and then turn on the system ?

This smell a bit like a CPU, or Mobo issue.

Feb 2, 2021
- Any chance you forgot to plug the CPU power cables into the mobo? Of course the cables come from the PSU.

- Any chance you can get a stick of RAM that you know it works?

- Have you tried to remove the SSD out and then turn on the system ?

This smell a bit like a CPU, or Mobo issue.

Ok so I tried removing the SSD and booting it, but i'm still getting the error lights like before. Also yes the CPU power cables are connected. As of right now I'm not sure if I can get a stick of RAM that works, but probably can. Lastly how would the RAM affect me from getting a display (sorry kind of a noob when it comes to PC knowledge) because I thought it only affected storage.

Ok so I tried removing the SSD and booting it, but i'm still getting the error lights like before. Also yes the CPU power cables are connected. As of right now I'm not sure if I can get a stick of RAM that works, but probably can. Lastly how would the RAM affect me from getting a display (sorry kind of a noob when it comes to PC knowledge) because I thought it only affected storage.

In the not soo common event that both stick of RAM are bad, then you wouldnt be able to boot your PC.

Im running an Intel Core i5 and my motherboard info says the i5 supports up to DDR4 2666 MHz, if I have DDR4 3000 MHz sticks could that be the issue

I believe most DDR4 sticks are 2133MHz and some 2666 MHz, DDR4 2933, 3000, 3200 and beyond are uually XMP or DOCP or if you prefer "overclocking" speeds which the RAM maker said thier stick are capable of, as long as you have a chipset that allows it.

So in short, most sitck of RAM should be able to work with your current cpu without an issue, as long as they are OK of course.

Solution