[SOLVED] New PC config check

Prashanthrb

Commendable
Aug 4, 2017
I am building this PC for my mom who is a YouTuber. She is not pro with editing but she is getting there. Her content at the moment doesn't rely on heavy video editing but I believe it would eventually get there in the near future and would like to anticipate that into the build.

Build $660-990 (50,000-75,000 INR)

CPU
- Ryzen R5 3600 -> its watt TDP is less than 3600x, which is good on power consumption I presume. Assuming, 3rd Gen R5 itself much more than needed for her purpose.
Gfx - Asus Dual-Gtx1650-O4G or Something under $200 (15,000 INR) -> While she is doing away her current editing with Intel Graphics on a budget DELL laptop, at this moment anything would be an upgrade.
RAM - 16Gb [2x8]3200Mhz -> I could go higher frequency or different model, but this is the same RAM sticks I am currently using in my PC. Therefore, it gives the flexibility to swap between systems and upgrade either system at a later point
Monitor - 60hz LED 22" IPS -> I could get a 2nd monitor later with a higher refresh rate for dual monitor setup.
Casing - Some Coolermaster MasterBox with Tempered glass on the side and front to showcase some RGB stuff preferably around $85 (6,500 INR)
PSU
- Corsair RM650w 80+ gold
Mobo
- Asus B550M-A -> browsing lot of motherboard, it seems the trend is that X370, X470, B450 chipsets are going to be outdated heavily pretty soon. While X570 is too expensive at the moment.
HDD - Seagate 2tb 7200RPM Barracuda
SSD
- 500gb M2. -> Haven't decided on the model yet. I am thinking of running without SSD initially to cut costs and get the SSD later and do an OS re-install on it
Cooling - 2x 120 case fans + Wraith Stealth CPU fan that comes bundled with R5

The quote for the components is requested to a known vendor from the locale, though it is delayed due to COVID-19. As far as I have seen online, the estimated price is already way over $1124 (85,000INR). Looking forward to advice on component compatibility, brands, and cost-cutting while emphasizing the purpose of the build.

EDIT -
I thought the B550 chipset sported PCIe 4.0, unfortunately not. Though I don't think it is needed. Should I stick with the above mentioned Asus B550M-A or switch to the cheapest X570 available? The cheapest I can find is MSI X570-A PRO. Though I don't know it comes with a severe compromise on quality and durability.

Last edited:
Solution
The ryzen 3600 performs very close to the 3600x, so you won't be missing out on anything. The stock cooler on the other hand is a bit weak and may heat up if you have high room temperatures.

The gtx 1650 super is a lot better of a gpu, but it does start at 15,400 INR

3200Mhz ram is fine, its not like you need the 1-2% more speed anyways.

Corsair RM650w 80+ gold
That's a real beefy psu for a relatively budget pc! It's an excellent unit no doubt, but a good 450/550w would be fine as well unless you plan on getting a better gpu/cpu in the future?
I am thinking of running without SSD initially to cut costs and get the SSD later and do an OS re-install on it
I can not live without an ssd as my boot drive, hard drives...
The ryzen 3600 performs very close to the 3600x, so you won't be missing out on anything. The stock cooler on the other hand is a bit weak and may heat up if you have high room temperatures.

Corsair RM650w 80+ gold
That's a real beefy psu for a relatively budget pc! It's an excellent unit no doubt, but a good 450/550w would be fine as well unless you plan on getting a better gpu/cpu in the future?
I am thinking of running without SSD initially to cut costs and get the SSD later and do an OS re-install on it
I can not live without an ssd as my boot drive, hard drives are just so slow, I can't recommend not having a ssd.
I thought the B550 chipset sported PCIe 4.0, unfortunately not.
B550 does support pci-e 4.0, in one m.2 slot and the first pci-e x16 slot. Most people won't need pci-e 4.0 regardless.
The x570-A pro, it's vrms overheat like mad, I can't recommend, for a 3600 though, it might be fine.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

Prashanthrb

Commendable
Aug 4, 2017
Noted! especially about the stock cooler.

The GTX 1650 12,000 INR to 13,000 INR. Is there a stark difference between regular and super versions?

Alright!

Don't think such plans exist nor conceive any time soon, notching it down and already on the look for a 550W. Any particular suggestions? Models or Brands?

I can not live without an ssd as my boot drive, hard drives are just so slow, I can't recommend not having a ssd.
500gb M2 Sata? Which brand is good here?

B550 does support pci-e 4.0, in one m.2 slot and the first pci-e x16 slot. Most people won't need pci-e 4.0 regardless.
The x570-A pro, it's vrms overheat like mad, I can't recommend, for a 3600 though, it might be fine.
Noted!

Don't think such plans exist nor conceive any time soon, notching it down and already on the look for a 550W. Any particular suggestions? Models or Brands?
The antec EA550G is based on the seasonic focus, it performs a bit worse, but it's still good.
I can't find anything else that's in stock atm :( , you have any retailers you like using?

500gb M2 Sata? Which brand is good here?
You don't have to go for m.2 sata, regular sata is fine, save the m.2 slot for a proper m.2 NVME drive.
The intel 660p is good and reliable, though it might be too expensive, the western digital blue sn550 is also pretty good.

The GTX 1650 12,000 INR to 13,000 INR. Is there a stark difference between regular and super versions?
Yeah, the 1650 super is barely slower then a 1660. It also has 400 more cuda cores over the 1650, and cuda cores are what's important for video rendering. BUt if cash strapped, the 1650 will still work fine.

Prashanthrb

Commendable
Aug 4, 2017
You don't have to go for m.2 sata, regular sata is fine, save the m.2 slot for a proper m.2 NVME drive.
The intel 660p is good and reliable, though it might be too expensive, the western digital blue sn550 is also pretty good.
Alright, will go with WD SN550 SATA.
Also, any good brand/model for NVMe 512gb

As for the monitor, I don't suppose she needs 120hz or 144hz monitor. A 60hz IPS LED would do fine considering budget, But any suggested brands?

Last edited:
Also, any good brand/model for NVMe 512gb
The sn550 and intel 660p mentioned before are both nvme drives, I guess I should have specified, apologies.

A 60hz IPS LED would do fine considering budget, But any suggested brands?
60Hz is fine, and it really doesn't matter which monitor brand/model you get, as long as the reviews are decent and it's an ips panel, I don't think there will be any complaints. I have an AOC 21.5" ips panel, the cheapest I could find at the time, it's pretty good, way better than my 120Hz 27" TN.