New PC Lighting Novice

Jul 15, 2018
I'm planning on building a new PC, the issue is I want to go for more looks this time.

So by that I mean LEDs and such. My question is how do I know if LED Ram, fans or such are compatible with everything. Do LED cases need plugged into motherboard...is there a special spec to a motherboard I need.

I've always built over powered PCs for people but never with LEDs...and in that matter I'm a lost lamb. Help me out?

Solution
All motherboards will support RGB RAM -

Corsair have there own programme to control RGB for there RAM, Fans, Keyboards etc...Its called iCue, TeamGroup RGB RAM works with ASUS Aura, GSkill Trident RGB RAM should work on ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards etc. Bottom line all RGB RAM will work on all motherboards but to control the RGB you will do this through software..
Hi I have gone the same route and had to learn the hard way...Things have changed now and most good mid and high end motherboards from ASUS (AURA RGB), MSI (Mystic RGB) and Gigabyte (Fusion RGB) have good RGB setups. My Gigabyte board has 4 seperate RGB connectors so just make sure any LED RGB strips, RGB fans, RGB RAM etc are compatible with AURA. Mystic and Fusion and you will be good to go...You can get adapters to add multiple devices to the RGB headers so again much easier now.

Jul 15, 2018

So connectors will be listed on specs commonly?

Jul 15, 2018

Will it say support rgb ram or just any will support rgb ram

All motherboards will support RGB RAM -

Corsair have there own programme to control RGB for there RAM, Fans, Keyboards etc...Its called iCue, TeamGroup RGB RAM works with ASUS Aura, GSkill Trident RGB RAM should work on ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards etc. Bottom line all RGB RAM will work on all motherboards but to control the RGB you will do this through software..

Solution