Discussion New PC Too Much Power!

12pak

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Apparently, my new PC is too much for my master bedroom circuit. Tripped the breaker 3 times this weekend. Going to have to figure out someplace else in my house to move my playing space to. This is the last issue I ever expected to have.........

Could be just the outlet that is the issue, if there is a second one in the same room I would try that.
But you should really call an electrician to give everything a once over because if your PC actually draws a lot of power you could have nasty surprises if the system works for hours but the cables/breakers aren't really up to it.

12pak

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Could be just the outlet that is the issue, if there is a second one in the same room I would try that.
But you should really call an electrician to give everything a once over because if your PC actually draws a lot of power you could have nasty surprises if the system works for hours but the cables/breakers aren't really up to it.

I did have my PC and both of my monitors plugged into the same surge protector/power strip. last night I moved the PC to a separate power strip in a different outlet in the same room. Hoping that will help but haven't had a chance to test it yet. All 3 times the breaker tripped I also had my TV on, which is also in a different outlet, but still in the same room on the same breaker.

I am hoping worst case scenario is the breaker might need replaced. it is a GFCI breaker, and those typically have a lifespan of about 15 years, and this one is about 13 years old now, so maybe. I'm for sure not ripping out any drywall to add a circuit, so if a new breaker won't fix it, then I'll be stuck having to relocate my PC somewhere downstairs. I don't have alot of options there, lol.