Question New pc. Turned on and monitor has green/white lines.

Jul 19, 2019
Like the title says. Turned on new PC and screen has a bunch of lines. Have tried downloaded geforce experience/ nvidia drivers and after it says to restart to finish installation, PC reboots and nothing has changed. It's like the driver never installed. I have reseated the graphics card and no change. I am at a lost and have no clue what to do.

Picture: lines on monitor

These lines are everywhere. Even while typing this now. I hope someone knows how to fix/ what I should do.

Graphics card: 2080 ti
CPU: i9 9900k
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-P

That looks like a hardware failure, not a software failure. I couldn't tell you if it is the monitor or the video card...or a power supply of the monitor or video card. Or the cable. If you have a second monitor to try, do that. Or if you can try the monitor on another computer.

Which cable type are you using? HDMI? DisplayPort? Try swapping a cable.

Jul 19, 2019
That looks like a hardware failure, not a software failure. I couldn't tell you if it is the monitor or the video card...or a power supply of the monitor or video card. Or the cable. If you have a second monitor to try, do that. Or if you can try the monitor on another computer.

Which cable type are you using? HDMI? DisplayPort? Try swapping a cable.
The lines appear on both monitors. I am on my second desktop right now and no problem so it is something with the new computer. Both monitors are displayport, but again I am on my second desktop and no lines like that are on the monitors now.