[SOLVED] New pc won’t boot using xmp...

desertraider

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Built my first pc in a long time.

The system booted fine until I changed my ram speed by applying DOCP to get advertised ram speeds... They are on 2132mhz by default and should be 3600mhz. I left everything else on auto and haven’t overclocked any other component. I ran memtest86 on the default ram speed with no errors.
Setup: RAM: F4-3600C16D-16GTZRC CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 plus wifi PSU: seasonic focus 750w gold

Solution
Bios is up to date, RAM are in slots 2 and 4. (1 and 3 free, as I wanted more space between the cpu fan)
Per the manual those are the correct slots and with the BIOS updated it should've helped with memory compatibility issues. It's odd that Gskill TridentZ wouldn't work but I would try the 1 & 3 slots and see if it boots with DOCP.

When you enable DOCP are there different profiles? If so have you tried all of them?

WildCard999

Titan
Bios is up to date, RAM are in slots 2 and 4. (1 and 3 free, as I wanted more space between the cpu fan)
Per the manual those are the correct slots and with the BIOS updated it should've helped with memory compatibility issues. It's odd that Gskill TridentZ wouldn't work but I would try the 1 & 3 slots and see if it boots with DOCP.

When you enable DOCP are there different profiles? If so have you tried all of them?

Reactions: desertraider
Solution

desertraider

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

There’s DOCP, auto and manual.
I read that my cpu ryzen 3200g supports 2933mhz ram, but everything I read said to get the fastest ram as it would increase performance. I don’t know if I need to change a cpu setting too?
I will try switching the ram into the other slots tomorrow as it’s getting late, I will need to rotate my cpu fan (Default ryzen one) so as I stupidly put in so that it kind of blocks the first slot.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS