[SOLVED] New power supply is making weird noise

Solution
Listening again it sounds like coil whine, which is often the case with cheaper power supplies. But like I say, doesn't sound to me like it's going to do anything bad at this point. Definitely factor in an upgrade fairly soon if you can though, because that's all you'd need for now. Rest of the system looks okay if you're happy with its performance, which I expect you are.

Cocodragon10

Prominent
Aug 19, 2021
Pc setup?
  • Cpu- I5-8400
  • Cpu cooler- Intel Stock
  • Ram- DDR4 2x8GB 2666Mhz
  • Motherboard- ASRock B360M-ITX/ac
  • Storage- HDD Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm, SSD 128GB Questionable company, SSD 240GB Kingston
  • Gpu- VGA PCIE16 RTX3060 12GB GDDR6/RTX 3060 GAMING Z TRIO 12G MSI
  • PSU- | COOLER MASTER | 700 Watts | Efficiency 80 PLUS |
  • Operating sys- Windows 10

I'd say so, just a slightly noisy fan. Doesn't sound like it's about to do something bad. I would look to upgrade it at some point though given you have a 30 series card, you want something of decent quality running that. Maybe something to save for over a few months, but certainly worth doing for long term peace of mind.

Reactions: Cocodragon10
Listening again it sounds like coil whine, which is often the case with cheaper power supplies. But like I say, doesn't sound to me like it's going to do anything bad at this point. Definitely factor in an upgrade fairly soon if you can though, because that's all you'd need for now. Rest of the system looks okay if you're happy with its performance, which I expect you are.

Solution