Mar 1, 2021
Hello! I've recently upgraded my HP Pavilion Power 580-230w with 2x8gb of RAM from Team Group.

Here's a link to the item itself: https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/elite-plus-u-dimm-ddr4

I put in the 2400Mhz version as that's the correct specification my motherboard could use, but I seem to be getting the BSOD if I start doing anything with gaming. I've tried reseating it. I've ran multiple tests from the Windows terst to Memtest to see if the RAM's faulty, and it's not. The BIOS doesn't seem to let me change the RAM settings, but Speccy says that it's running the RAM at 2133Mhz.
I don't particularly care that it's running lower than advertised, but I'm out of options as to what to do as it's simply not running well. The RAM is healthy, but as soon as it's pushed to use, it crashes my system.

Any advice or foresight would be greatly appreciated, as I'm not entirely sure what steps to take next.

Mar 1, 2021
Hello, I recently installed new RAM into my HP Pavilion Power 580-230w desktop, these are the new sticks, https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/elite-plus-u-dimm-ddr4, at 2x8gb for 2400Mhz speed. My computer should handle them, given the specifications, and they do with one exception of why I primarily got them. Whenever I play Escape From Tarkov, I run into the BSOD. I'm not entirely sure why, but it's only this game that this happens. The previous RAM was 2x4gb and while made the game stutter, never crashed it quite like it does now.

The WhoCrashed reviews are listed in the spoiler for reference;

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030321-6843-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5C20)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFCA88ECC1F7B8, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80522D15BA1)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\030321-6390-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5C20)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFED8008408520, 0x6, 0x7)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

The RAM sticks aren't faulty, I've tried Memest and all that. No errors, no nothing. Every game I play besides this runs perfectly fine, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something to run this game without crashing my entire system. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any response.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop

Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows

Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)

Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Escape from Tarkov is just a bad game on memory, I have heard it said and I helped others where only game that crashes is this one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have to send dumps to a friend who is likely asleep now so he will reply later with a file I can use to see what cause was

Ntsokrnl always gets the blame. it is what crashed but it is in the middle of everything you do on pc. NTOSKRNL - Windows Kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you look to see if the ram was compatible with the HP before you bought them? I assume there are lists for it

Memory upgrade information
Dual channel (one DIMM per channel) memory architecture
Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
Supports PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400)
Supports 4 GB and 8 GB UDIMMs
Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
NOTE: 32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
NOTE: Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.
https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c06088526

can you give me the codes off the old ram?

I just want to compare timings.

Mar 1, 2021
I did research quite a bit to make sure the ram was compatible with the hardware, but as far as the previous ram goes, everything on the tag lists as follows;

SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 1Rx16 PC4-2400T HMA851U6AFR6N-UH Desktop RAM

Colif

Win 11 Master
SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 1Rx16 PC4-2400T HMA851U6AFR6N-UH Desktop RAM
they are the same speed 19200 -
https://www.newegg.com/hynix-4gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/1X5-000K-000V9
CL 17

are you running ram at 2400?
the new rams latency at 2400 is CL16-16-16-39

if you don't understand it, its okay, but the CL number of new ram is 16 but CL of the old was 17, the new ram is slightly faster than the old. IF you run new ram at 2133 its CL is still different.
CL = CAS Latency

CAS Latency - https://integralmemory.com/faq/what-cas-latency#:~:text=CAS Latency (CL) stands for,DDR, DDR2 or DDR3).

now it might not be cause, I will see what dump files show.

Mar 1, 2021
Because the BIOS doesn't allow me to fine tune the settings, I looked around the system and realized the timings are set for 2400Mhz, but the speed itself is auto set to 2133Mhz. Could this be the reason it crashes on such a ram dependent game?

Mar 1, 2021
Oddly enough, I ran the ISLC ram cleaner while playing Tarkov to see if extensive ram use was the problem with it, and for the duration I played I experienced no bsod. However, I shut off the ram cleaner in task manager, and it almost instantly bsod.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm doubting it has anything to do with the ram. Most likely it's a driver error/conflict.

Have you updated the motherboard chipset drivers from HP? A whole bunch of stuff goes through the Super I/O chipset, right before it hits the cpu. All it takes is 1 small glitch there, and you get a bsod. That includes audio, network/Lan, USB, etc.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/6dh0po5f/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:030521-6109-01.dmp (Mar 5 2021 - 23:54:07)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: wermgr.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 20 Hour(s), 43 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:030321-6843-01.dmp (Mar 3 2021 - 02:00:46)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: EscapeFromTark)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 20 Sec(s)

File information:030321-6390-01.dmp (Mar 3 2021 - 02:21:57)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: WerFault.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)

File information:030121-8640-01.dmp (Mar 1 2021 - 16:18:27)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: EscapeFromTarkov.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)

File information:030121-7125-01.dmp (Mar 1 2021 - 16:44:31)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: opera.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 25 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

File information:030121-6578-01.dmp (Mar 1 2021 - 04:11:47)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: WerFault.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 11 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)
1 of the above crashes was caused by nvlddmkm.sys. The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible System page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...es/16425610/model/17345625/document/c05638874
You are using BIOS F.25. The latest is F.43. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nvidia strikes again. Windows now includes basic nvidia whql drivers for 1080p and higher resolution use in 64bit OS, 16bit vga drivers being obsolete realistically. One of those is nvlddmkm.sys and is a common cause of errors, especially if it's an older version compared to the rest of the drivers.

Mar 1, 2021
Good news! I found a NVIDIA update that I had to find manually as it wasn't showing up from scans, and after updating the driver, I've yet to crash despite trying.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/c780s2zx/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:Minidump.dmp (Mar 7 2021 - 19:56:04)
Bugcheck:STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (1C7)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: MemCompression)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 18 Hour(s), 24 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.