New Rig, not powering up correctly, need assistance.

Xeryyn

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hi, I recently purchased a new rig, I had some issues at first when installing it, but then I figured it out. Now when I did a test to see if it would start up, it did, but when i went to plug the disk drive and the hard drive in, it suddenly won't power up any more. I tried unplugging them, but that didn't seem to help.

Here is what I am working with:

XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870
Intel Core i3-2100 Processor
Corsair Builder Series CX600 600 watt 80
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Gigabyte Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2133 LGA 1155 Motherboard GA-Z68A-D3H-B3

I'm not the greatest with things like these, other wise I wouldn't be asking. If the info I posted isn't specific enough please let me know.

was the computer or or was there power to the mb when you plugged the drives in.if there wss you could have fried the mb. when working on a pc you need to turn off the power supply and unplug it from the wall and wait for the power supply to drain and the green power led on the mb to go out. if the mb was tested outside the case then put into the case check that the motherboard shield (i/o pannel) and the standoff are under the mb and not shorting out the mb. also is any of the fans turning on?? one goof people do is they forget to plug in the 4/8 pin power plug near the cpu and the video card six or eight pin pci power plug. or they connected there monitor to the onboard video port and not the video card port.