Build Advice New Rig

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cAllen

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Morning folks. It's time for me to build a new system and it's been a while so all help will be appreciated.

Current build for reference:

x3380 @3.16 GHz
GA-EP45-UD3R (rev. 1.1)
GeForce GTX-295
8GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-800 (4x2)
WD1002FBSY
1000W PC
Antec P182 case

It took me months to figure this build out back then because I was hardware stupid. That said, everything has changed since, so I'm right back to hardware stupid. The usage will be the normal everyday crap, games, connecting with work and some CAD...so basically does everything...but must be a solid, reliable 24/7/365 system. Currently running W7 Ult-64, Office 7 Ult, Adobe Master Suite 5.5, and all SOP s/w...but time to update there too.

P.S. I'm a Windows/Intel/NVIDIA guy...no exceptions. So let the beatings begin. ;)

Thank you.

Last edited:

cAllen

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Primary on m.2 and current mirror/back-up on spinner. Have all licenses. Lot of work went into this box so just hoping for a break...the other kind of break that is.

Thanks.

cAllen

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Actually it was just over a year ago I decided it was time. The GPU crypto mining thing, soon to be released 13th GEN and decision to take my time were factors. That said, I am extremely happy with the results and FWIW I did get one of the last EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming cards sold. Still watching/shopping for a replacement board though as previously stated.

TRENDING THREADS