Question New RX 570 not outputting display after uninstalling old drivers

Maxijmj

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
Yesterday, my old r9 270x finally failed on me - it still works somewhat, however i cannot install drivers with it without it crashing and so it is basically unusable

I ordered an rx 570 in replacement, and installed it today to some success: it worked just fine to start with

I then began the process of uninstalling the old corrupt drivers that had been semi installed while I was trying to fix the old card, which I did using the AMD uninstaller software. It then prompted me to restart to finish the uninstall, which I did.

However, after this the rx 570 does not appear to be working anymore - the monitor does not detect it and thus I get no display. I have tried removing it and reinstalling it to no avail, and I I know this is not a problem with the monitor as when I put my old card back in the PC launches and the monitor detects the input.

Any advice? Is this a case of faulty hardware? (Although that doesn't really make sense to me given this only happened after uninstalling the old drivers)

Thanks in advance for any help