[SOLVED] new ryzen 5600 won't show any display output

Nov 15, 2022
i bought a ryzen 5600 and after i put it on the motherboard, i don't have any display output, i have the latest chipset version, updated the bios in order. what should I do? thanks

ps: i swapped the ryzen 5600 to the old 2600 and only after i did that, i got display output.

my motherboard is the gigabyte ab350m gaming 3

Solution
The 2600 doesn't have it either.

Your motherboard needs a bios update, in order to use the 5600. You will need to consult your motherboard manual, on how to do it, for your board, and download the bios from Gigabyte.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios
i got it to work. i was just dumb :sweatsmile:

i needed the bios version f51c or f51g, and i was using the f51d, its in between the f51c and the f51g... and i thought the one above the f51c would work, but it turns out it doesn't.

thanks for the help anyway.
Nov 15, 2022
Well it would have been useful if you’d said that in your first post.
Monitor is plugged in to your graphics card and not in to the motherboard ?
my bad, i forgot to include that.
yes, i did plug the DP into the graphics card. I even tried different ports but sadly, still no signal.
also tried to boot with only one RAM stick, but same result.

logainofhades

Titan
Reactions: joaogunas
Nov 15, 2022
The 2600 doesn't have it either.

Your motherboard needs a bios update, in order to use the 5600. You will need to consult your motherboard manual, on how to do it, for your board, and download the bios from Gigabyte.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios
i got it to work. i was just dumb :sweatsmile:

i needed the bios version f51c or f51g, and i was using the f51d, its in between the f51c and the f51g... and i thought the one above the f51c would work, but it turns out it doesn't.

thanks for the help anyway.

Solution