Build Advice New build from CyberPowerPC ?

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
Building a new system via CyberPowerPC and just want to see if there’s anything you would change or add
The idea behind the build is to be as absolutely monstrously powerful as I can possibly make it at this moment, it’s mostly a gaming system but may be used for light video editing and such.

A lot of the build is likely overkill but that’s the idea, I may never have another chance to build a system like this, I’m also planning on moving to a 4k oled monitor
This is how the system is looking so far -
https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/5652084

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
Yep, can't get better than the 4090 (like everyone on the planet knows already) and the processor is fast too. So I'm wondering why you're asking the question...
My question is, is there anything you would change or add, example storage / ram and such
Or would this basically just be perfect

Reactions: artk2219

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
I'd try to to find another builder/vendor.

But you may not have a choice or are unwilling. Maybe they are the only game in town.
The last company I used weren’t great, they used a meh ssd, and tightened the cpu cooler so tight the cpu left an indent on the cooler, plus with cyberpower they have the most customisation possible to create an insane rig

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
They want over US $7600 dollars for it.

Have you tried to find out what the cost of the individual parts would be, grand total?
I do need to check pc parts picker to double check but I believe price is around the same ish, which over here is about £6000
Unavailable here in the uk, last time I used gladiatorpc and they tightened the cpu cooler so tight the cpu left an indent on the cooler, I had to repaste and reseat it to get the temps down

I do need to check pc parts picker to double check but I believe price is around the same ish, which over here is about £6000

Unavailable here in the uk, last time I used gladiatorpc and they tightened the cpu cooler so tight the cpu left an indent on the cooler, I had to repaste and reseat it to get the temps down

Case
CORSAIR 6500X TEMPERED GLASS MID TOWER DUAL CHAMBER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 24-Core Processor i9-14900K (Up to 6.0GHz) 36MB Cache
Get Star Wars Outlaws™ with purchase of qualifying Intel® Core™ 14th Gen Processors
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO (LGA1700, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, Wi-Fi 7)
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 6000MHz (2 x 32GB)
Graphics Card
24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG - 2x HDMI, 3x DP
Graphics Card Support Bracket
NONE (BRACKET INCLUDED AS STANDARD ON 4070 Ti / RX 7700 XT AND ABOVE)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR, 6500MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ - MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Get a discount code for 20% off select peripherals at Corsair.com
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor Cooling
CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT RGB CPU Cooler - WHITE (Special Offer)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
ONBOARD LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
NONE OR ONBOARD Wi-Fi (MOTHERBOARD DEPENDENT)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
Norton 360 inc. Game Optimizer - Free 90 Day License
Browser
Microsoft® Edge
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (6 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 5 to 7 working days
QTY
£3,357.50
ex VAT
£4,029.00
inc VAT and Delivery

There are many direct comparison benchmarks for those cpu.
You need to look though and find the applications and games you want the most.

If it was only/mostly gaming the 7900x3d would likely beat the 7950x3d in many games. There is messy issues with the 3d cache only being on one of the 2 internal chips.

For most heavy cpu application the 14900ks is likely you best option but again you need to dig though the benchmarks and find the test case that is closest to what you are doing.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I generally recommend the 14700K as well. 95% the performance for a lot less.

The KS never makes sense unless you absolutely need that 560th frame in Fortnite. Not going to see 6.2Ghz in practice, almost ever. And 5.6Ghz from a 14700k is plenty fast, you could still overclock at that point as well. While the KS is already overclocked to extreme.

Someone else was doing this with Digital Storm, their total was $6700. A roughly equivalent system with more realistic parts was only $3700 while keeping the 4090.

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
I will clarify, this system I’m building isn’t meant to be *just enough*,
This is my chance to build a dream system / Godzilla pc, I’m not doing it to a strict lower budget, this system will be the absolute top of the line currently available on the market, no expense spared sort of thing,
I plan to run at 4k, on games such as war thunder and hunt showdown *hunt releasing a new engine soon* I want absolutely no performance loss
I know it likely sounds dumb, I want all the bells and whistles
That’s why I’m pushing for either the i9 14900ks or 7950x3d, as these will still be incredibly powerful for at least some years to come
Same with the 4090
And the 96gb ram is more to stop the necessity to eventually upgrade, itl already be topped out

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
This is my chance to build a dream system / Godzilla pc, I’m not doing it to a strict lower budget, this system will be the absolute top of the line currently available on the market, no expense spared sort of thing,
I plan to run at 4k, on games such as war thunder and hunt showdown *hunt releasing a new engine soon* I want absolutely no performance loss
That’s why I’m pushing for either the i9 14900ks or 7950x3d, as these will still be incredibly powerful for at least some years to come
Same with the 4090
And the 96gb ram is more to stop the necessity to eventually upgrade, itl already be topped out
Buying 96GB of memory is a complete waste of money currently 16GB would actually do but becomes border line with a few other programs running. Buying more than 32GB is not making it a monster it's just wasting money period no questions asked.

The same thing with buying a 500+ dollar motherboard and the 14900K. Neither is going to make your 4K gaming better it's again just wasting money.

EDIT their a difference in building a monster gaming PC and just wasting money. You get to a point with a gaming PC you can spend thousands of more dollars and get very little to no difference in performance at all.

4K gaming the video card becomes the limiting factor very quickly.

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
I get you, but at some point you're spending just to spend and not getting anything practical.

I don't think the folks here are trying to save your cash, just pointing out you've gone past overkill.

Why don't you keep your 4K PC reasonable, and channel the money you save into really fine speakers or headphones. Or even a desk. Monitor you mentioned so that's one down, but you could also consider a dream mechanical keyboard, etc. etc.
Stuff that makes a difference that you will actually feel.

You got that covered before you crossed the £4000 mark though.
All the KS does is pump a ton of power into the CPU to eke out a few extra %. And it can be limited by motherboard power delivery or BIOS power profiles.

There's silly and there's clown silly.
Same with the 4090
You could, but a fast kit will cost you a fortune. Which is par for the course for the build, i get that. But, because you will not use 32Gb for the foreseeable future, much less 96, you could get lower latency, higher speed RAM, and pay less money for it.
Again, it's not about saving your money, just letting you know you will pay for something you will not use. So instead of spending it on empty RAM, spend it on auxilliaries or comforts. Look at some other things you could buy because as you said, it's not often one gets to build a dream PC.

Edit -
One further point against 96Gb RAM today. Faster and better kits are coming out. Unlike the RTX 4090, your RAM kit will become outdated and outclassed by new kits, and fairly quickly too.

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
I get you, but at some point you're spending just to spend and not getting anything practical.

I don't think the folks here are trying to save your cash, just pointing out you've gone past overkill.

Why don't you keep your 4K PC reasonable, and channel the money you save into really fine speakers or headphones. Or even a desk. Monitor you mentioned so that's one down, but you could also consider a dream mechanical keyboard, etc. etc.
Stuff that makes a difference that you will actually feel.

You got that covered before you crossed the £4000 mark though.

All the KS does is pump a ton of power into the CPU to eke out a few extra %. And it can be limited by motherboard power delivery or BIOS power profiles.

There's silly and there's clown silly.

You could, but a fast kit will cost you a fortune. Which is par for the course for the build, i get that. But, because you will not use 32Gb for the foreseeable future, much less 96, you could get lower latency, higher speed RAM, and pay less money for it.
Again, it's not about saving your money, just letting you know you will pay for something you will not use. So instead of spending it on empty RAM, spend it on auxilliaries or comforts. Look at some other things you could buy because as you said, it's not often one gets to build a dream PC.

Edit -
One further point against 96Gb RAM today. Faster and better kits are coming out. Unlike the RTX 4090, your RAM kit will become outdated and outclassed by new kits, and fairly quickly too.
That’s the most constructive reply thank you, the ram will be as fast as I can get which I believe is 6400 atm
My mouse and keyboard are actually what I want :) I have a naga trinity, and a I think death stalker keyboard
I have a decent desk too, Altho could maybe change it,
I will say I do also plan to play vr from the pc, not sure how big of a difference that makes to anything
I would maybe like to edit some videos occasionally too but not majorly important at this stage

I’m very aware I’m spending just to spend and completely understand, that’s one reason I’m considering the 7950x3d - I know the socket will be supported long term over the intel one
I don’t mind dropping ram down, heck I’d go to 64gb which is where I am currently on this system I’m using
As for headphones and such, I’m using a fiio Olympus dac with sennheiser hd 660s2 headphones

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
the ram will be as fast as I can get which I believe is 6400 atm
This would be the fastest that goes into that motherboard (64Gb kit): https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...dr5-6800-cl34-memory-f5-6800j3445g32gx2-tz5rk

It's fast, but this is faster (32Gb): https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...dr5-7800-cl36-memory-f5-7800j3646h16gx2-tz5rs

Also, if you want "dream", up the PSU to the 1500 HXi, or take a swing at a SeaSonic TX 1600.
I've yet to see anyone overspend on a PSU :)

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
This would be the fastest that goes into that motherboard (64Gb kit): https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...dr5-6800-cl34-memory-f5-6800j3445g32gx2-tz5rk

It's fast, but this is faster (32Gb): https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...dr5-7800-cl36-memory-f5-7800j3646h16gx2-tz5rs

Also, if you want "dream", up the PSU to the 1500 HXi, or take a swing at a SeaSonic TX 1600.
I've yet to see anyone overspend on a PSU :)
The psu added to it is the hx1500i, psu is one thing I will absolutely not cheap out on! ^^

You apparently are willing to spend thousands to avoid buyer's remorse.

You apparently can afford it.

Practicality seems to be very low on your list of considerations.

Given that, taking your word for your intentions, I say spend all you want.

It's not what I'd do, but you clearly have a unique set of circumstances. The arguments against your intentions don't seem to apply. That's your business.

The alternative is to wake up and wish you'd done something else. A nagging feeling that I expect will not lessen over time. You'll always wonder...."if only I'd...........".

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Just a example 1K less including the 4K OLED monitor only thing missing is the fan controller.

For 4K gaming you would be cutting hairs on performance.

Almost all white.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor (£317.00 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad II Trinity 89.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£135.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX ICE ATX AM5 Motherboard (£233.99 @ AWD-IT)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (£138.88 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (£89.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (£118.00 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card (£1942.00 @ MoreCoCo)
Case: Lian Li O11 Vision ATX Mid Tower Case (£129.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Power Supply: Corsair RMe (2023) 1200 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£219.93 @ Newegg UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Retail - USB 64-bit (£110.99 @ MoreCoCo)
Case Fan: Lian Li Uni Fan SL-Infinity 61.3 CFM 120 mm Fan (£29.94 @ Amazon UK)
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI FAN SL-INF Reverse Blade 63.6 CFM 120 mm Fan (£29.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI FAN SL-INF Reverse Blade 63.6 CFM 120 mm Fan (£29.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Monitor: Asus ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ 47.5" 3840 x 2160 138 Hz Monitor (£1486.99 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £5038.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-19 00:28 BST+0100

Reactions: 35below0

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
The psu added to it is the hx1500i, psu is one thing I will absolutely not cheap out on! ^^
Sorry about that. I saw the HX100i ATX 3.0 ultra low noise. And that's a very nice PSU already.

Just a example 1K less including the 4K OLED monitor only thing missing is the fan controller.

For 4K gaming you would be cutting hairs on performance.

Almost all white.
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor (£317.00 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad II Trinity 89.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£135.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX ICE ATX AM5 Motherboard (£233.99 @ AWD-IT)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (£138.88 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (£89.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (£118.00 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card (£1942.00 @ MoreCoCo)
Case: Lian Li O11 Vision ATX Mid Tower Case (£129.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Power Supply: Corsair RMe (2023) 1200 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£219.93 @ Newegg UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Retail - USB 64-bit (£110.99 @ MoreCoCo)
Case Fan: Lian Li Uni Fan SL-Infinity 61.3 CFM 120 mm Fan (£29.94 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: Asus ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ 47.5" 3840 x 2160 138 Hz Monitor (£1486.99 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £5038.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-19 00:28 BST+0100
Great build. It's not over the top enough, but it's a great PC. :D

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry about that. I saw the HX100i ATX 3.0 ultra low noise. And that's a very nice PSU already.

Great build. It's not over the top enough, but it's a great PC. :D
Over the top how? All over the top does is waste money and will not last you any longer.
The 7800X3D will run any game out with high FPS.
He is running a 4K monitor your are limited by the video card.

If you come here for advise and don't wish to hear the reality then why post at all.

EDIT with the 1K saved and I even included the monitor, he could keep the 1K and when the 5090 is out sell his card and buy it and all the rest of the PC could still keep up.

He asked for advice and I gave very sound advice to try to keep him from just throwing money away for 0 performance.
It's his choice to be stuck where he is or listen. On my end he can spend 20K on a gaming PC if he wishes it's his decision and his money.

Last edited: