Newegg Confirms Counterfeit Core i7's Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
Newegg is awesome if i got a counterfit i7 i would be pissed at first but because of how awesome newegg is they will RMA it :D

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
NewEgg -- Good job .. D&H .. if you got on the ball to put this to rest Good job to you too!! IPEX --- Never EVER mess with a person and their CPU!!! we will rip you a new one! OOPs newegg already did !!

[citation][nom]mianmian[/nom]Newegg got a sort of Man-in-the-Middle attack ....It should directly order from Intel, not some stupid IPEX.[/citation]
Agreed, especially considering the volume of CPUs,etc that Newegg buys.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]mianmian[/nom]Newegg got a sort of Man-in-the-Middle attack ....It should directly order from Intel, not some stupid IPEX.[/citation]
Newegg is a grey market distro. The primary reason why they can sell their products so low is because of the fact that they buy from them.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Great to see this from a company dealing with this problem fast and treating the affected customers with great care :D GOOD JOB newegg!

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
It's kind of sad since the site (I can't even write the name/URL without getting sick to my stomach) that first reported that D&H was responsible for the shipment of bad chips is still sticking to its story and hasn't updated the original article absolving them of the situation.

Fantastic reporting, Kyle! Good work, guys. Have fun with that lawsuit....

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]robwright[/nom]It's kind of sad since the site (I can't even write the name/URL without getting sick to my stomach) that first reported that D&H was responsible for the shipment of bad chips is still sticking to its story and hasn't updated the original article absolving them of the situation. Fantastic reporting, Kyle! Good work, guys. Have fun with that lawsuit....[/citation]
I feel the same way. I can't believe they haven't issued that apology. I understand reporting the facts is important, but the brutality against DnH that they exhibited without letting all the facts come out was just crazy.

Brent_NC

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
If D&H had an once of sense, they would have stated that the shipment in question did not originate with them and would have worked with Newegg/Intel from the start. Saying this on their own site, as well as follow up emails/communications to the various news sites posting information on this topic. Instead, they layered up and looked guilty as hell in the process.

I hate that D&H took an image beat down on this one, but in the future taking a different approach to dispel any rumors or assumptions would probably be in their best interest.

Now it looks like the internet gets to kick IPEX in the family jewels for a while.

onlineseeker

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Ipex is owned by:

Entity Name: IPEX INFOTECH, INC.
Entity Number: C1788610
Date Filed: 08/07/1996
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Entity Address: 48295 FREMONT BLVD
Entity City, State, Zip: FREMONT CA 94538
Agent for Service of Process: MARCEI LIANG
Agent Address: 48289 FREMONT BLVD
Agent City, State, Zip: FREMONT CA 94538

Now lets look at ASI:

48289 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
Phone: 510-226-8000
Fax: 510-226-8858
Toll Free: 800-2000-ASI

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
[citation][nom]brent_nc[/nom]If D&H had an once of sense, they would have stated that the shipment in question did not originate with them and would have worked with Newegg/Intel from the start. Saying this on their own site, as well as follow up emails/communications to the various news sites posting information on this topic. Instead, they layered up and looked guilty as hell in the process. I hate that D&H took an image beat down on this one, but in the future taking a different approach to dispel any rumors or assumptions would probably be in their best interest.Now it looks like the internet gets to kick IPEX in the family jewels for a while.[/citation]

Come on, dude. Seriously? I'm at a conference right now with the D&H executives. As soon as this mess hit the fan, we called them and tracked them down and got a statement -- which is EXACTLY what HardLibel should have done when they got that "inside information." But they didn't.

Shouldn't it be the news sites responsibility to call D&H and find out their side of the story? Why is it D&H's responsibility to have to call every news site/magazine/newspaper/etc. and do that? They sent a cease & desist letter and went on record saying it was completely false. If you think that makes them look guilty as hell, well then I respectfully disagree and seriously question your judgment regarding media and public relations.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
IPEX is probably a scapegoat. Newegg prob has too much money(or too good of deals?) put into D&H to terminate their relationship.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]IPEX is probably a scapegoat. Newegg prob has too much money(or too good of deals?) put into D&H to terminate their relationship.[/citation]

How dare you even say that about Newegg. That is the best computer and other appliance website I have ever found I built my entire rig from there and got top quality products ( even stressed tested everything I got). Shut your mouth before you speak nimwit. Give me some proof before you even say such blasphemy :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.