Discussion Newegg sent me a used 3090

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Wow, thank stinks. What a crappy thing to do especially since the RTX 3090 is ultra expensive. Here’s what I would do:

1. Take lots of pictures
  2. contact your credit card company or Bank. Explain what they did to you. They may offer to dispute those charges on your behalf.
  3. Contact Newegg and report by email or Chat and have them send you a copy to your Email Addy so you can forward it to your CC or Bank.
  4. Request an immediate replacement with a new product.

Chances are they will offer you a refund when they receive the GPU. Make sure they pickup the shipping costs.

Jul 7, 2021
I have a intel cpu for the mobo coming tomorrow for this mobo

I live in hawaii so i paid a lot to ship, if i refuse everything i lose it all

Jul 7, 2021
They say i can refuse my intel cpu i get my money back as well as shipping….If i return the gpu mobo combo i lose $30 on shipping

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
They say i can refuse my intel cpu i get my money back as well as shipping….If i return the gpu mobo combo i lose $30 on shipping
Nope, that's why you contact your CC company and tell them what happened. Take pictures. HP tried that when they wanted to charge me a restocking fee of 15% for one of their screwups. AMEX got involved, disputed the charge. I returned the item and did not have to pay a penny restocking fee.

Jul 7, 2021
I canceling my entire build

I just checked with our team, we'd love to issue a refund RMA for this video card and motherboard combo, also, as an exception, please contact us back once the RMA is processed so we can manually refund the original shipping cost for this order. I'm working on the RMA, one moment please.

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy
Jul 7, 2021
Ok, im going to refuse delivery of my intel 11900k and lian li 011 case tomrrow, the lady said id get my shipping money back…

Thing is intel gave me death stranding for my purchase and I already redeemed my code…

Jul 7, 2021
No, shipped and sold by newegg…

I just finished canceling everything, im stuck with the psu and windows 10 though but ill use that for next years build, if i build then

Maybe it was meant to be cause after i ordered the 11900k i read all the bad rap on it

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I honestly hate to hear of things like this out of Newegg. They used to be among the trusted Titans as far as I (was) concerned. Several of the last few dealings I have had with them have been negative and think this selling used or damaged stuff without disclosure is becoming far more common.
Additionally, I have found that if you leave a poor product or seller review along with text explaining your side of the issue they will commonly just not post the text aspect of your review.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I am completely done using them, I know from here on out it's buyer beware.

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Ok, im going to refuse delivery of my intel 11900k and lian li 011 case tomrrow, the lady said id get my shipping money back…

Thing is intel gave me death stranding for my purchase and I already redeemed my code…
You got a free game from their screwup. No need to feel guilty, besides the game has been out awhile and has low value. I bought it about 6 months ago for the PS4 and I paid under $19 at Walmart.

Jul 7, 2021
Yea im just so dissapointed, gpu probably works fine but the thought of newegg selling me open box for 30 off retail if absurd

How was someones return placed with new retail boxes?

What they want me to play lottery and watch discord all day again…..Im done watching for gpus they can keep it

What if I kept it and went to register the card and its already registered?

Jul 7, 2021
Newegg got the combo again but im having severe buyers remorse…Why should I add another 2500$ to my cc they should have just cross shipped and not tell me out of stock when its back in stock off and on throughout the day

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Newegg got the combo again but im having severe buyers remorse…Why should I add another 2500$ to my cc they should have just cross shipped and not tell me out of stock when its back in stock off and on throughout the day

NewEgg appears to have handled this awkwardly, but any cross-shipping would have involved a $2500 hold. And that's literally everyone; no company, RMA or not, is going to send out a second $2500 card unsecured in this manner. I've always gotten great service with EVGA GPU returns, but you better believe they're going to have a hold on that second GPU they ship out to me.

I'm not so surprised about the used\open-box for new mix-up.
I've personally seen and read\heard about similar mix-ups with BestBuy, Amazon, Walmart, TigerDirect, Newegg again, ASUS store, AsRock store.

But the fact that customer support handled it the way they did from the start is surprising.
I had always had exceptional support from Newegg in the past.
They usually seemed willing to eat a loss to please a possible returning customer.

I would guess it's that the larger they get the less direct one-on-one customer support they offer.
And we're left dealing with a round or more of automated computer support before it escalates to human interaction.
Hopefully you end up with a satisfactory solution in the end and don't turn out with a loss, other than time wasted.

But why did you decide against the new build just because the new GPU ended up unavailable?
Despite cancelling\returning the combo
the motherboard on it's own, CPU, and any other components should've still been available regardless.
Just dissatisfied with Newegg in general or has this experience turned you away from a new custom build?

Last edited:

Gavin Greenwalt

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
Have you talked to someone at NewEgg yet? I contacted them just this week about a product going on sale after I hadn't even received it yet. They gave me store credit for the discounted amount as a goodwill gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.