[SOLVED] Newly Build PC no display no beep (potentially bc of ram)

Feb 1, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm a new user on this forum! I needed to join this community because I'm seeking a solution to my problem; today I built my first PC

PC Specs in case you need them to help me:
CPU: Ryzen 3400g
GPU: Radeon Vega 11
Motherboard: Asus TUF B450-Pro
RAM: 2x8gb HyperX Fury (Kingston) DDR4 2133mhz
SSD: WD Blue m2 250gb
Power supply: Cooler Master MWE 600w
Every single component of this build is new apart from the RAM, which is a second-hand-gift by a friend of mine who has never had problems with it.

It all went very well until I had to try and turn it on: all the rgb lights (motherboard, case) turned on and the cpu fan started working. No beep sound, no output signal to the monitor and also both the power supply's and the case's fans didn't start working. I firstly thought my ram was the only reason of the problem since it ain't new, so I tried to use only one of them (tried both) in the right position following the user guide of the motherboard of course and nothing actually changed. Same problems. Then I tried to put no ram at all and then I had the first beep(s), meaning that the motherboard acknowledged something was wrong, but still no output signal.
What do you think the problem may be? Is it the RAM? Am I doing something wrong? I'm always open to any point of information. Thanks in advance!

Solution
That board may need a bios updatefor that cpu, which if I had to put my money on is probably your problem. See the board supports that cpu but doesn't necessarily mean that it was produced after the 3400g came out. Search amd boot kit I believe that is what you seek. You can also verify by checking the MB website cpu support page. It'll tell you which bios revision that you'll need for that board. That board itself should have the bios revision it was shipped with in small letters somewhere on the face of the board good luck
That board may need a bios updatefor that cpu, which if I had to put my money on is probably your problem. See the board supports that cpu but doesn't necessarily mean that it was produced after the 3400g came out. Search amd boot kit I believe that is what you seek. You can also verify by checking the MB website cpu support page. It'll tell you which bios revision that you'll need for that board. That board itself should have the bios revision it was shipped with in small letters somewhere on the face of the board good luck

Solution
Feb 1, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply, it actually made me feel better bc it may be a software problem!
I checked on the compatibility page of my motherboard and it says that my cpu is supported but it needs 1201 revision of the bios. I still don't know where I can see what version of the bios it has right now, may you be more specific? Also, after I may find out that the BIOS version is obsolete, what can I do in order to resolve it all? I'd still have no output signal, don't you agree?

Hi Dinakk.

I see two things with your system.

Like Norcalsc said. It's probably your BIOS needing an update. Unfortunately to update your BIOS since that board does not have a way to update the BIOS without a CPU installed the only way is to have another CPU that the board support out of the box. You can get the "AMD BOOT KIT" from AMD directly. They send you an older CPU so your can boot your system and update your BIOS and you send them the CPU back after that.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

The other thing really bad is that RAM you kept. A ryzen system paired with 2133MHz is performance suicide. It might not even work if the RAM is not in your Motherboard memory QVL list for that Ryzen 3400g.

For a Ryzen system what you want is a 3000/3200Mhz RAM KIT that is in your QVL motherboard list.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...mory_QVL_for_3rd_Gen_AMD_Ryzen_Processors.pdf