Aug 10, 2024
I just put together a new PC with an i7 13700k, 4070 ti super, and a MSI Pro z790-p WIFI motherboard. Originally I was going to just plug in my old drives but they didn't boot so i did a clean install of windows 10 onto a new nvme ssd. This let me boot into windows. But now the wifi is not connecting. I added the adapters. I also tried just using ethernet and it also did not work. Windows troubleshooter said it did not detect a properly installed network adapter. The ethernet plugged into the back lights up and seems like it should work. I tried checking the device manager and it says there are 8 different WAN Miniport with different versions (IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, Network Monitor, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP). I tried removing all of those adapters and reinstalling them but nothing happened. I did flash the BIOS on the motherboard so it should be the most up to date version. If I need to install drivers how do I do that with no disk drive?

I just put together a new PC with an i7 13700k, 4070 ti super, and a MSI Pro z790-p WIFI motherboard. Originally I was going to just plug in my old drives but they didn't boot so i did a clean install of windows 10 onto a new nvme ssd. This let me boot into windows. But now the wifi is not connecting. I added the adapters. I also tried just using ethernet and it also did not work. Windows troubleshooter said it did not detect a properly installed network adapter. The ethernet plugged into the back lights up and seems like it should work. I tried checking the device manager and it says there are 8 different WAN Miniport with different versions (IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, Network Monitor, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP). I tried removing all of those adapters and reinstalling them but nothing happened. I did flash the BIOS on the motherboard so it should be the most up to date version. If I need to install drivers how do I do that with no disk drive?
Is this with your own router? Does it have security (access control) turned on to prevent new devices from connecting? Since the new motherboard's mac address is different from your previous one you may need to momentarily turn off the router's security features to connect.

kanewolf

Titan
Did you install the drivers that came with the motherboard?
Are there unknown devices or devices with exclamation points in device manager?

Aug 10, 2024
Is this with your own router? Does it have security (access control) turned on to prevent new devices from connecting? Since the new motherboard's mac address is different from your previous one you may need to momentarily turn off the router's security features to connect.
When I check the networks section it doesn't show any networks. There are multiple other networks in my area my other devices try to connect to but the computer doesn't show any.