Question Newly built computer working fine but has BSOD w/ stop code PFN_LIST_CORRUPT when coming out of sleep mode

Dec 26, 2021
About 2 weeks ago I put together a new computer after the last one I put together started giving up on me after 7 years. It was a big pain in the ass getting everything to work properly, but eventually it did. It boots up smoothly and runs games and other intensive programs just fine. However, whenever my computer goes into sleep mode and I turn it back on, it crashes after about a second, giving a BSOD with he stop code: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I'm not sure as to what the issue may be, as help online is pretty vague ranging from hardware issues to software issues and everything in between. As much as I'd love to figure out the problem myself, I don't think uninstalling every single program I have or returning all my computer parts is very feasible. I do have XMP enabled, but I'm not sure whether that should be causing a problem here. While the computer runs fine otherwise, it is a bit alarming to see these crashes on a system that isn't even 2 weeks old. Any help is appreciated, I'll be putting the specs below.

Specs:
i5 12600k
gigabyte rtx 3070ti
asus z690-p wifi d4
wd blue 1tb m.2 ssd
corsair SL vengeance 2x16gb 3600mhz

Dec 26, 2021
That’s great to know, but if anyone would be able to actually help me with the issue that I am asking for help with that would be great ;). If it turns out to be a hardware problem I’d rather know now, when I can still return stuff, than in a couple months when everything is out of the return period…
I have never used sleep mode on a PC it's either on or cut off.

Sleep is not an essential thing. I always turn sleep feature off.
Just set monitor to turn off in 30 min.

Probably there's some device driver, that doesn't properly wake up from sleep.
You could
check Driver manager, if there are any drivers with yellow exclamation marks and update those;​
reinstall motherboard drivers;​
install latest version of nvidia drivers;​
But none of that is guarantied to fix your sleep issue.

jasonf2

Distinguished
Unfortunately in my experience sleep mode is fickle, especially on DIY builds. What did you use for a PSU? Low power states require a rock solid power supply. Also what are you getting from event viewer? Sleep mode issues are some of the worst to figure out because you are moving between power modes and there are quite a few things that can be going wrong with limited troubleshooting data. Your BSOD error is typically driver based.