Question Newly Built Gaming PC having packet burst issues.

michael_705

Honorable
Jul 1, 2017
So I have built a custom PC and for the first few months it was running great then all of a sudden i've started packet bursting in all of my video games. (apex legends, rocket league, Halo) I have contacted my ISP (spectrum) and they said they see no issues on that side of things. Assuming this is an internet issues is there any setting on my pc or bios that would cause this issue? I did buy a 3rd party router a TP link ax1800 to be exact. Im not sure if i would have to update my router to solve the issue. I think i installed all the options on my motherboards support page as well. Would capped or uncapped fps help the issue? could a part be over heating? I have seen others have this issue but couldn't find a solid fix. any help would be great!

CPU: Ryzen 7 7600X
MOBO: Asrock B650M Pro WiFi
PSU: ThermalTake ToughPower 850W 80+gold
Ram: Tgroup T Create expert Overclocking DDR5 6000MHz
Case: corsair 4000D airflow
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo plus 2TB

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
So I have built a custom PC and for the first few months it was running great then all of a sudden i've started packet bursting in all of my video games. (apex legends, rocket league, Halo) I have contacted my ISP (spectrum) and they said they see no issues on that side of things. Assuming this is an internet issues is there any setting on my pc or bios that would cause this issue? I did buy a 3rd party router a TP link ax1800 to be exact. Im not sure if i would have to update my router to solve the issue. I think i installed all the options on my motherboards support page as well. Would capped or uncapped fps help the issue? could a part be over heating? I have seen others have this issue but couldn't find a solid fix. any help would be great!

CPU: Ryzen 7 7600X
MOBO: Asrock B650M Pro WiFi
PSU: ThermalTake ToughPower 850W 80+gold
Ram: Tgroup T Create expert Overclocking DDR5 6000MHz
Case: corsair 4000D airflow
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo plus 2TB
Is the PC connected by WIFI or ethernet cable? If cable, is it directly to the primary router ?