Question newly built pc showing no display

Jan 3, 2023
hello everyone, i just built a new pc but after installing all the stuff, i ran into a problem as the pc won't boot up and shows the message no signal on the screen.
Here is my specification:
MSI PRO B-660M- G DDR4
Intel Core i5-13400F
MSI Ventus 3x 3070Ti
RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX PC25600 3200MHz
PSU MSI MPF A750GF 750W 80+ Gold
WDC Black SN770 SSD 500GB.
All the stuff were brand new from the store

I already installed everything, and all the fans (CPU,GPU, Case) were working but still shows the no signal message on the screen, and then i look at the EZ LED Bug Indicator on the motherboard, the LED blinking well on the CPU (red), and DRAM (yellow), but there's no LED sign on the VGA as the LED remains off, and right after, the LED started blinking from the CPU and RAM again just like earlier.
I've tried to plug in my older GPU (GTX 1050Ti) which is still working perfectly fine on my older PC, but the problem still the same on my new PC.
I've tried to re-install the CPU, GPU, and RAM but it's still the same.

Is there anything i can do to fix this one, it's kinda hard to fix this and it seems that it rarely happen.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

MSI PRO B-660M- G DDR4
Intel Core i5-13400F

It's very likely you don't have the necessary BIOS version that will allow the motherboard to recognize the processor you have to work with. You're going to need a prior generation processor(i.e, a 12th Gen Intel processor) in order tog et functionality restored to the build, then update the BIOS to the latest version, then replace the older generation processor with the new one.

The reason you need to do all that running around is due to the fact that your motherboard doesn't have a BIOS FlashBack option(as shown on Gigabyte or Asus motherboards).

Jan 3, 2023
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

MSI PRO B-660M- G DDR4
Intel Core i5-13400F

It's very likely you don't have the necessary BIOS version that will allow the motherboard to recognize the processor you have to work with. You're going to need a prior generation processor(i.e, a 12th Gen Intel processor) in order tog et functionality restored to the build, then update the BIOS to the latest version, then replace the older generation processor with the new one.

The reason you need to do all that running around is due to the fact that your motherboard doesn't have a BIOS FlashBack option(as shown on Gigabyte or Asus motherboards).

thank you for the explanation, i am new to build a PC.
so basically we can assume that the motherboard BIOS needs to be upgraded before using the 13th gen intel processor, right?
Based on my problem earlier, is there any possibilities that there's hardware damage/defect?

Jan 3, 2023
Assumptions aren't the end all be all. You will need to put that assumption under a microscope, in your case a 12th Gen Intel processor and see if you had the wrong BIOS for your motherboard.

sorry for asking it again and again, and had to un-solve the thread, since my problem is yet to be solved
i've asked the store and they confirmed that the motherboard's BIOS has been upgraded before shipping so it can support the 13th gen cpu.
on the EZ LED debug, the VGA's shows no sign and the LED didn't blinking and just didn't turn on at all, only CPU and DRAM that keeps blinking. Yet the GPU's fan is working well. i've tried to search on the internet but i just don't find the solution as i think this is uncommon, CMIIW usually if there's some failure, the LED should keeps turning on without blinking.

is it possible that the GPU didn't get enough power? but i'm pretty sure that i've connected 2x8 pin PCIe connector from 2 different cable, and make sure that there's no bend on the GPU and the CPU socket.

i've contacted the store and they ask me to send them back the motherboard and the CPU to do some re-check. But, as i lived overseas from the store, is there any other parts that i should send over to make sure there's no other possibilities of hardware damage/defect?