[SOLVED] Newly built pc starts, no display

Solution
Disabling onboard ethernet and wifi solved the problem.
Was able to load into windows after they were disabled.
Looks like other folks are having this problem too, mainly on Asus boards.

Thanks for the help guys!
Hopefully this setup lasts me a long time! :D

Mystos

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
Is your display connected to the GTX 1080 Ti, or to one of the motherboard's video ports? You should be connected directly to the GTX.

Are your memory modules fully inserted into the slots (locked into place)?
I tried both VGA and HDMI on the 1080ti

At first no fans were coming on, then I pulled out the small battery for the cmos, waited about 5 min then put it back and started the computer but this time all of the things were on except display

Mystos

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
I just realised this thing has LEDs on the motherboard and after once again turning the pc on, none of the LEDs light up and still no display. Everything else works-- HDD spins up, cpu fans turn, mobo fans turn, rgb from 200mm cpu fans turn, rgb from mobo lights up but no mobo LEDs turn on, gpu lights are on, gpu fans turn on for a split second now and then,

Directly from Amazon or a 3rd party seller?
Is this related to a particular retailer or just amazon?

Mystos

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
Everything to my small knowledge (just my 2nd build so I'm still not familiar with a lot of the lingo)
PCI-E as in...cpu (explain like I'm 5 please)?
I followed most instructions to a T so idk if I did something wrong

CPU arrow and mobo arrow are aligned,
RAM is correctly installed (I removed 1 after some people claimed to have booting problems, but still no luck)
GPU correctly installed
HDD was working (I tried it on my other pc)

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Everything to my small knowledge (just my 2nd build so I'm still not familiar with a lot of the lingo)
PCI-E as in...cpu (explain like I'm 5 please)?
I followed most instructions to a T so idk if I did something wrong
The PCI-E is the power to your GPU becuase when I built my first PC I was getting the same problem and it was that my PCI-E wasn't inserted correctly into my GPU (also GPU means graphics card)

Mystos

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
For reference, I looked at my currently running ATX form factor pc and I see a power supply cable plugged into the top right of the motherboard, but the new PC has the slot named EATX but nothing plugged in.

Did I (like a moron) not plug in the CPU power or something?

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Is there a large, 24-pin, power connector plugged in anywhere on your new CPU? If not, you done goofed, as that would be your motherboard's EATX power.

Edit: NOT CPU, meant motherboard. definitely don't plug a 24 pin into your CPU lol