Next AMD Athlon at what speed and when

chrisojeda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am thinking of buying an AMD T-bird. Anyone have links to articles that say when the next AMD T-Bird will be released and how fast it will be?

Thanks...Chris

It worked yesterday! :lol:

G

Taken from ZDnet article

<b>"Sanders also reiterated statements he made in the company's recent first-quarter earnings conference call. They include AMD's plans to ship a 1.4GHz Athlon chip this quarter and a 1.5GHz chip in the third quarter"</b>

(A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

Phelk

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2001
From AMD's news room...

AMD today announced that W.J. Sanders III, chairman and chief executive officer, will present at the Salomon Smith Barney Semiconductor Conference at 11:20am Pacific time on Thursday, May 10, 2001. Forward looking and other material information may be discussed during the presentation. AMD's presentation will be available via a live webcast accessible from the AMD homepage.

This will hopefully answer your question. Is anyone going to watch the webcast and do a summary for us?? Volunteers?

Kiwi in the UK

G

Wondering if the Palomino will be fully compatible with either the AMD 760, or the current VIA KT133A series?

RJD

G

The Palomino will be released only for Mobile segment May 15. Palomino for servers in June and who knows when for desktop... 3rd or 4th quarter i think.

(A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
AMD's latest roadmap shows Mobile Palomino in the first half of 2001 (May 15th by the looks of it), with the Server version following shortly afterwards also in the first hald of 2001. Desktop Palomino looks to be released in the 3rd quarter of 2001, maybe as early as June by the looks of the roadmap.

Here's a URL: <A HREF="http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/cpuroadmap04-01/page2.asp" target="_new">http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/cpuroadmap04-01/page2.asp</A>

Just click on the picture at the top to get AMDs graphic.

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

G

As far as we know, Palomino will run on current generation Socket-A mobo's. The only requirement of the motherboard is maybe supporting a very low voltage (like 1.3/1.4v say) because Palomino will be running at very low voltages.

IntelConvert

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
While "1.3/1.4v" is likely for the mobile version, I doubt that the desktop Palomino will have a vcore less than 1.5v (if that low).

From what I've read, most of the KT133A and DDR boards will support it (with just a bios upgrade).

G

"From what I've read, most of the KT133A and DDR boards will support it (with just a bios upgrade)."

No one really know for sure.. but since I havent heard about any new chipsets for the palomino, its a safe bet it will work with just a bios flash. I do hope so anyway..