Next one.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Pretty simple one here,
I took the mesh off so you can actually see inside the pretty cablefree case and decided to stick an acrylic window in there to help keep dust out and noise in
IMAG0119.jpg

Acrylic turned up this morning and another mate trimmed the 100mm off I needed for me
IMAG0120.jpg

fitted window trim around the outside and glued the window in, I'll trim the rest after payday but I love the stuff lol
and Did I mention the druid midgets dancing round it whilst the glue dried? bloody diminutive tree-huggers lol
IMAG0123.jpg

and there she is, one simple window install
IMAG0122.jpg

and thats me till payday,
when I have the Mobo and psu I can plan cuts/drills for cables behind the Mobo and start making wires disappear :)

Moto

Hmm, heres a wonder,
the Esata ports on the front panel, the cables coming from them are regular sata type connectors, am I wrong in asssuming they wont work correctly? as in they wont supply power to a Esata device plugged into them?
Had a google about and I'm still uncertain so thought I'd ask, but I wouldn't see the point in Esata ports that only function as normal sata ports, unless I plug one into the Esata socket on the Mobo, Mobo only has one specified Esata port on the back, no internal header like the usb 3.0 has.
Moto

jasonw223

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
To be honest I've never actually used eSata lol.

Every case that I've ever built a PC in that has eSata on the front just connects to a normal SATA port on the mobo though... I guess it must work.

Well its Payday monday so I can look to ordering my shinies,
possibly sold an old system to a guy at work so maybe a tweak to the budget but heres the shopping list (bank balance and Gf permitting :p)
Corsair tx850 so I can get my lines routed (Deff ordering)
AsRock 890fx D5 revision (Black socket for AM3+) (Deff ordering)
Couple of right angle Sata leads (Deff ordering)
Amd 955 C3 (Poss ordering)
and possibly some ram,
that leaves me the Graphics cards and fans to get plus a few sundries for tidying up the build
(3 tins of Matt black spraypaint :p)
not much I can do this weekend though so its just admiring looks and tutting at tiny imperfections in the original paint hehe
Getting close to finish though so I'm gearing up for awesomeness :)
Moto

Ok,
FrozenQ are not shipping the T-virus rez atm cause they just moved premises so theres a shortage Grr, I could buy one from two vendors but the added postage irks me so I'm waiting on that but,
AsRock 890fx Deluxe 5 ordered
Tx 850 ordered
8x http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gelid-Solutions-Wing-12UV-Blue-120mm-Fan-Multipack-/120736974180?pt=Computing_ComputerComponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR&hash=item1c1c7c0564 ordered
and http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nesteq-FanMax-5-25-8-Channel-Fan-Controller-Black-/220739142835?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopComponents_RL&hash=item33651404b3 ordered, that should give me plenty to play with until the rents gone and I figure what else I can afford this month :)
should be some cable madness going off this week so stay tuned
Moto

Well I got my Psu, fans and controller through,
I also received a motherboard, unfortunately it was the wrong one :p

Due to a supplier mixup/fail/letting my vendor down,
I got an AsRock 890Gx extreme4 instead of my much awaited Fx Deluxe 5 so I hopped on Serenity (Trusty vf750) and took it to the shop where I got a full refund on the spot, washed down with profuse apologies from the guys at komputer Kare Hinckley, (Thanks again guys:)

So, its find a Mobo time again but they seem a little thin on the ground so might be a while yet :(
but hopefully weather will be ok this weekend for some drilling on the mobo tray and fitting the fan controller
Moto

Right, Correct Mobo turned up today yay so thats a play for the weekend,
need my twisty resses now so I can hook up the loop and get it tested,
been busy this week and not much time to post I'm afraid so in no real order....

theres that ssd tray In win provided for us,
IMAG0135.jpg

and heres Mr hard drive..
IMAG0134.jpg

Hey! where'd he go?
IMAG0133.jpg

now thats the hdd hidden, but just look at all those cables from the shiny Tx 850...
IMAG0141.jpg

Reckon I can do something about those.....
Moto

Got my shiny Tx850 so need to start hiding cables...

The molex and sata for the roofbox get fed through the gap between the hard drive cage and the mobo tray,
IMAG0152.jpg

up into the custom made roofbox
IMAG0160.jpg

The pumps power lead actually reaches that molex so the other ones unnecessary, hidden by the psu for now
IMAG0153.jpg

almost invisible :p
IMAG0158.jpg

Plenty of leads still to go though, cut the hole for the 20+4pin block so that tucks under the mobo, and trimmed the hole to avoid any fraying/cuts
IMAG0161.jpg

and from the back...
IMAG0151.jpg

and with the back panel on, psu leads not quite in place though
IMAG0162.jpg

looking back, not the best photo, but theres more sanding/painting to do yet :p
Moto

Reckon the pace is quickening now so its time to get that fan controller homed and the grommet put in for the radfans cables

this will take the fanwires from the rad into the roofbox
IMAG0168.jpg

and heres the 8 holes for the controller done, (Breaths again)
IMAG0170.jpg

bit of dressing needed for the final install but it works,
IMAG0177.jpg

and shiny knobs for all!!
IMAG0178.jpg

The two bank switches are mounted in the grill so I snipped a little mesh out to allow function,

those little blue spacers are to stop the fans from squishing when I tighten up the screws, made from pen tops doncha know :)
IMAG0176.jpg

cut into the drivebay covers to fit the extra 120mm fan for the front intake
IMAG0171.jpg

so it doesn't strim my waterhoses when its on

IMAG0173.jpg
]

maybe finetune it a touch, but were good to go,
IMAG0174.jpg

looking sweet...
IMAG0175.jpg

Moto

You may have also noticed I moved the mounts for the rad from between the bottom fan and rad, to below the bottom fan,
IMAG0177.jpg

This makes the Rig taller, again :p

its 28.5 inches high, thats almost a kitchen table height
IMAG0167.jpg

See? :p

Got a good plan for the space where the front/top panel came from, but I'm keeping that one under my hat for now, with having the mobo I can finetune routing and start finalising the build, I need my twisty resses to get the loop in and tested first though, start shipping FrozenQ!!!! :p
still need a cpu, some ram, an optical drive as well, but its getting close so I'm naming her,
its not In Wins Dragon Rider anymore, its 'Psycho Rider' from now on :p

hope you enjoyed this installment :)
any questions/comments? lets have them,
Moto

Why can't I get my gorram Reservoirs!! :p
I'm not a waiting kind of guy lol, especially when its holding everything up,
so I put my time to use by re-doing all the broken photobucket links, some aren't as originally posted, but I've done what I can :)
Moto

Reagan once said 'the nine most terrifying words in the english language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"
I can condense that into three I am growing to despise,
Out.
of.
stock.
Both my resses and graphics cards now, Je pense la project est maudite le Grr
Moto

Got bored and bought 2x http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Corsair-Vengeance-CMZ4GX3M2A1600C9-RAM-Module-/200629870451?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_MemoryRAM_JN&hash=item2eb678df73 to pass the time,
I'm holding off on the cpu though still torn between the 955 and 975, and its a struggle to see a C3, loads say there selling it, but boxcodes dont match or the stepping code data is missing from the sheet,
I'm getting frustrated though at the lack of graphic cards and reservoirs, if I hadn't already mentioned that :p
Moto

Due to a motorcycle accident on tuesday evening on the way to work,
funds for anything fun are now frozen until insurance is sorted out,
I am going to strip down what I've done so far and get the painting done while I wait...
but only the processor, graphics cards and resses to buy now so at least its not too bad
FML hehe
Moto

You know what? I may as well order the damn resses from frozenQ himself, works out about fifteen pounds more but with 21/10/11 as a shipping date for the uk, it'd be a damn sight quicker to get here lol,
/waiting for sunny day to do more casework in the garden
Moto

If you check the pics, I taped the two from top fans together, then when they join the two off the bottom fans, they get bound and all four get fed through the grommetted hole in the roof which is kind of under the rad,
At work atm but I'll post a decent pic in the am when I get home mate
Moto