NFS Payback abandond cars to slow

ToxicMoofin

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017
So i get that the cars are abandoned, and they are basicly stock, but the fact that i cant over 80mph and the police are so much faster (120 sounds right but we dont know) it makes it close to impossible to get away... Especialy if they have me go into the dirt.

Then they throw the car killers on me, and because i'm stuck at 80 and i'm switching between dirt and road following my escape route, the immediately catch me... I got flipped around once and reversed at a skin peeling 5mph... Why?

Any one else notice that abandoned cars are limited to a certain speed? Or police cars rubber-banding? (Also noticed that you could be out running a cop and he just flips on is jump drive and smashes my face)

I don't usually have issues with running from the police, only when i try and grab a abandoned car do i start noticing dumb things lol

MOD EDIT: Watch your language

I didn't play it long enough to try the abandoned cars they added with one of the updates, but the wrecked parts you scavenge for then build into a car are the same way. It takes a while before you can fully upgrade them. The game has a terrible upgrade system IMO, but you definitely have to use it to be competitive with ANY car.

What made me quit playing the game was the forced drift events, especially since the drift mechanic is so broken. I had no problem winning all other events, but had to upgrade the car for a couple of the the drag events

ToxicMoofin

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017
I can agree that the upgrade system is pretty bad... almost want them togo back to carbon or even U2 upgrades but it is what it is, and i believe your talking about the derelict cars, it will usually tell you where all of those are and i managed to get them all lol. (they were also terrible, but the most recent patch allows all cars to go up to lv399 so maybe it will change)

What i'm talking about is the random abandoned car event that has you find a... well... "abandoned" car, and while in said abandoned car the police come out for a chase. The issue that i'm having (and possibly others) is that while in said abandoned car and during said police chase, the car that i get wont top 80mph.

Starting to notice the police rubber-banding.... if the car im in does happen to get over 80mph then the police will just keep pace... its smart from their point of view but incredibly irritating from mine; i just cant fathom the idea that the devs purposely set the whole event up so the player will fail, or set it up the player cant crush the police (basicly its 10x easier to escape using a runner class car) using a different class of car.

idk... my first post seems more like a rant, but im intending it as a question lol.

OH and sorry for the language lol ^U^