Sep 29, 2019
I have a gigabit 1300 watt psu. As my old one couldnt handle my new gpu. My motherboard has a 4 pin that needs connected. What cord could I use to power it?

Wolfshadw

Titan
I checked all the cords and none of them say CPU. Could I just plug a 8pin into it? Or would that fry my motherboard?

If you're referring to a PCI-E 6+2 pin cable, the answer would be no. You could fry your system, blow up the power supply, start a fire, burn down the entire city, initiate the Great Plague and end the human race as we know it.

Ok, I may be exaggerating on those last bits, but the damage to your PC could be real. If you cannot find that CPU (EATX) cable, you will need to replace the power supply.

-Wolf sends

ChevetteSCx

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah...CAN'T EVEN FIND THAT "BRAND"!! WHERE ON EARTH did you get it? How old is it? Does it have a 20-pin, 20+4-pin or 24-pin connector for the Motherboard? Is it semi-modular or fully-modular? No more questions...please, just post some pictures!

I have a gigabit 1300 watt psu. As my old one couldnt handle my new gpu. My motherboard has a 4 pin that needs connected. What cord could I use to power it?

Throw the PSU in the garbage (or rather, e-waste recycler). That's a fake 1300W, fake "Gold" efficiency PSU that was only sold via eBay to take advantage of cryptocurrency miners that don't know anything about PC components.

Buy a quality PSU from a trusted brand from a trusted vendor.

ChevetteSCx

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
NVM! Found your HotLINK. I recognize that PSU now! It's a CHEAP CHINESE KNOCK-OFF ANTMINER/BITCOIN/MINING PSU! The giveaway? The "90 PLUS" logo...it's NOT EVEN A REAL THING!! DO NOT USE THIS PSU!! It's a POS! Barely equivalent to a LOW QUALITY pre-80-PLUS 1980s PSU!! If there was a TIER 5 for PSUs...this is it!! PISS-POOR build quality, ShEiTe Efficiency, Horrible Voltage Regulation and NO PROTECTIONS (OVP, OCP, OPP, OTP, SCP). Designed to be CHEAP and to run HOT & HARD until it goes FzzzzzzT - BooM - Pwahhhhh!! If it goes...IT WILL TAKE EVRYTHING WITH IT!! Invest some money on a GOOD QUALITY, 650W, 80-PLUS GOLD power supply (Used or otherwise) such as an eVGA G2/G3/G5, Seasonic FX or PRIME Gold (Hell, even a G-650 is a "SuperNOVA" compared to this! NB - and I LIKE THE G-SERIES!), Corsair RM, RMx or CX-series (Bronze), even! You CLEARLY INVE$TED some $ERIOU$ $$ into your system and the "new" GPU, and, I am assuming you would like to get some milage out of it? Then INVEST IN A GOOD QUALITY PSU (do not reuse a mining POS!!)