[SOLVED] No access to external HDD

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Hi

Your help, please.
I have an external HDD that only appears in disk management. It appears online, but not allocated. I can eject it, but I cannot access the content. This HDD is full and I didn't want to lose the content. Will it be possible to have access to the contents of the HDD?

Thanks

Solution
And for the future (like tomorrow), please start a good backup routine.

Drive space is cheap, free software....things like this do not need to be a real problem.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi

Your help, please.
I have an external HDD that only appears in disk management. It appears online, but not allocated. I can eject it, but I cannot access the content. This HDD is full and I didn't want to lose the content. Will it be possible to have access to the contents of the HDD?

Thanks
What was this connected to before?
It may be formatted in a way that Windows does not recognize, hence "Unallocated".

Please show us a screencap of the Disk Management window.

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
I've seen a guy doing this operation, and the hard drive is working again. The head was parked in the middle of the hard drive. But of course, all drives are different. But if I have no other solution ... I may have to take a chance, right? What other solution can i have? Deliver to a specialized company?

USAFRet

Titan
I've seen a guy doing this operation, and the hard drive is working again. The head was parked in the middle of the hard drive. But of course, all drives are different. But if I have no other solution ... I may have to take a chance, right? What other solution can i have? Deliver to a specialized company?
If it is really important data, send it to a professional recovery service.

Opening up the drive lessens any possibility of ever getting anything from it.

USAFRet

Titan
And for the future (like tomorrow), please start a good backup routine.

Drive space is cheap, free software....things like this do not need to be a real problem.

Solution