No audio through HDMI

Sep 25, 2018
Hello to everyone,

So, I have posted a question previously and couldn't find a solution, just renewing it maybe something will come up. I also tried talking to the guys from Nvidia via online chat....didn't work. Since a while (don't know exactly how much time) when connecting TV to the laptop (Asus G752 with a GTX 1060) there is no audio output, well actually the output is on the laptop, not TV. Also, it takes many attempts before connecting (compared to previous from the first attempt). Tried to change the cable, didn't work. Went through most of the suggestions (disabling/switching) the audio output in the sound settings, didn't work. Reinstalled the Nvidia drivers, didn't work. Reinstalled the Realtek drivers, didn't work. Switch between the display options (duplicate, extend, etc.) didn't work. When the cable is connected and TV opened, when going to Nvidia properties menu (not Nvidia Experience, but actually Nvidia options) in the Set up Digital Audio sub-menu, for the HDMI it says no audio capable display available, and it is grey. And for some reason for other sub-menus, the connector appears to be seen as Display Port, not HDMI. Anyone else with this issue, anyone with a solution? Waited for the Nvidia to give a GPU driver update, that includes an update for the Audio driver, finally got one today, updated, nothing changed.

P.S. My gf has a similar laptop (Asus g752, but with an GTX 970) same issue.

Sep 25, 2018

I will try that, just quick question, when I will instal the driver from Asus, nvidia most probably will ask to update, should I, or should I leave it like that?

Sep 25, 2018

I don't think that I have a dual, like intel/nvidia gpu, but yeah I will do that, asap and post the resutls, thanks everyone

Sep 25, 2018

Hi again, I just had time to do as you recommended, used a DDU (by Wagnard) to get rid of the nVidia and performed a clean installation of the nVidia drivers from the Asus website....still no audio through hdmi :(