Question No aux ports working.

May 22, 2022
After installing my GPU on the bottom PCIe slot my auxiliary ports stopped working. (After sending into BestBuy for GPU issues)

I'm currently trying to fix it although here's what I've tried

1. Tried front aux
  2. Back aux
  3. resocketing where the front aux connector sits on the motherboard
  4. updated drivers (with restarts)
  5. checked if it was faulty headphones
  6. checked device manager (with hardware changes and updated drivers)
  7. checked multiple sources for detecting devices.
I'm currently able to listen to sound via a cheap USB to headphone/mic splitter. This works fine with the input although my mic is extremely muffled and nonexistent(will not pick up any audio).
The only exception with audio and mic is through my Xbox controller. I'm looking for possibly any solutions to what this might be. I'm figuring it's probably a faulty motherboard, where I possibly slipped and knocked something.
Any possible advice is welcome, as well as solutions. Thank you in advance for your time.

May 22, 2022
full system spec?
why is the gpu on the bottom pcie slot?
sound settings said to use the motherboard device and not using the gpu for audio?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel 1796 MHz

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X570-P

MSI G27C4 (1920x1080@165Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (ZOTAC International)

465GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 (SATA )
2794GB Seagate ST3000DM008-2DM166 (SATA )
232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 250GB (SATA (SSD))

The gpu was moved to the bottom pcie slot due to it not displaying on the top one. Sent it to geek squad and that was their solution.

As for the sound settings, it will only detect the monitor as a speaker. I disabled it to try to force it to find my headphones but that was just wishful thinking.

TRENDING THREADS