Question No BIOS after switching to UEFI Boot Mode

Aug 2, 2022
So recently, I decided to install windows 11, on a previous windows 10 machine. I changed all the settings in the BIOS that were needed, but when I changed my boot mode from Legacy (CMS) to UEFI with secure boot enabled and then restarted there was a black screen and afterwards when trying to boot in the installer, it was still a black screen. After removing the usb, the black screen at the start with no option to get into the bios was still happening but I booted normally on my windows 10. Any ideas how to resolve it?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your motherboard? BISO version for said motherboard at the time of writing? Did you try clearing your CMOS to set the BIOS settings to default, getting back into BIOS to disable CSM(assuming that it was disabled to begin with, prior to the tinkering)?

Reactions: crownbring473
Aug 2, 2022
I currently have a MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02). I have already tried clearing my CMOS multiple times, in order to disable CSM, to boot in UEFI mode, with the GPT USB installer. BIOS VERSION: E7C02AMS.370

Lutfij

Titan
After powering down, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes. Replace the battery and see if you're able to get back into BIOS.

BIOS VERSION: E7C02AMS.370
You have BIOS versions pending update;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX/support
gradually work your way to the latest BIOS version but skip version 7C02v3C since that has the dreaded 1.2.0.5 A.G.E.S.A code.