[SOLVED] No boot or bios option(Blank Screen) after enabling secure boot in Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2021
Recently, after the announcement of windows 11 a lot of people have been enabling TPM and secure boot to get the windows 11 update and most of them after enabling secure boot get a blank screen on restarting with no access to bios. Same has happened with me. Basically what you have to do is if you have a graphics card installed, remove it and remove your motherboard's CMOS for 5secs. It will reset your bios setting. Insert your CMOS battery back in and this time connect your HDMI cable to the motherboard. You'll be able to see the display. The secure boot option will still be enabled, you got to manually disable it and then insert your graphics card to achieve the display run by the Graphics card.

For further knowledge regarding Secure Boot and TPM, checkout this link:
View: https://youtu.be/WRFnOh_pqX8

Solution
...Same has happened with me. Basically what you have to do is if you have a graphics card installed, remove it and remove your motherboard's CMOS for 5secs...
You don't need an iGPU to enable TPM and secure boot. A discrete GPU will work just fine. This may be a one off with your specific hardware and firmware.

Enabling Secure Boot requires UEFI. When users enable Secure Boot they are disabling CSM and enabling full UEFI mode as well. The blank boot screen issue happens when the boot drive is still using MBR (partition table) instead of GPT. GPT is required for booting with UEFI fully enabled. So the boot process is failing. People can use the MBR2GPT tool, in Windows 10, before changing the Secure Boot option to avoid the...
QUOTE="Whiskey969, post: 22488297, member: 2894992"]
Mobo: Gigabyte b550m aorus elite
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI 1660 Super (I checked its firmware which states uefi: yes)

My system shows current BIOS as UEFI. My drives are also GPT rather than MBR.
[/QUOTE]
in that case secure boot will not produce black screen

Oct 16, 2021
QUOTE="Whiskey969, post: 22488297, member: 2894992"]
Mobo: Gigabyte b550m aorus elite
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI 1660 Super (I checked its firmware which states uefi: yes)

My system shows current BIOS as UEFI. My drives are also GPT rather than MBR.
in that case secure boot will not produce black screen
[/QUOTE]

Evidently, it does man, this has me so frustrated. Thank God my PC is now functioning but I am too scared to do turn it on again

...Same has happened with me. Basically what you have to do is if you have a graphics card installed, remove it and remove your motherboard's CMOS for 5secs...
You don't need an iGPU to enable TPM and secure boot. A discrete GPU will work just fine. This may be a one off with your specific hardware and firmware.

Enabling Secure Boot requires UEFI. When users enable Secure Boot they are disabling CSM and enabling full UEFI mode as well. The blank boot screen issue happens when the boot drive is still using MBR (partition table) instead of GPT. GPT is required for booting with UEFI fully enabled. So the boot process is failing. People can use the MBR2GPT tool, in Windows 10, before changing the Secure Boot option to avoid the issue but should have a full backup of their important data before proceeding.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.