Mobo: Asus Prime z390-A
Cpu: i5-9600k
Cooler: corsair h100i rgb pro xt
Ram: 4 x 8gb xpg 3000
M.2 samsung Evo 1tb
Gpu: Evga rtx 2070 super
Psu: corsair rm850 fully modular
-‐---------------------------------------
My problem: I plug in the power cable, flip the switch then I the rgb lights up on my motherboard and one of the 2 fans turn for a half a second on the radiator. The power button on the front panel doesn't turn on the computer, neither does the on board power button located at top right of the motherboard (but the light is on next to the button). Why is it not powering on? I have the connection cables in correct spot and reseated them multiple times.

Solution
I suppose your PSU is new ?
If you are sure that all the connections are ok:
  1. take out the GPU and connect the monitor directly to one of the mobo's connector (your CPU has an iGPU)
  2. if still nothing, take out the RAM sticks and try with each of them (a single stick) in the A2 RAM slot
  3. If still nothing, leave one RAM stick, and take out the M2 SSD and see if you boot at least to the point when you see on the screen the message "no operating system found"
I suppose your PSU is new ?
If you are sure that all the connections are ok:
  1. take out the GPU and connect the monitor directly to one of the mobo's connector (your CPU has an iGPU)
  2. if still nothing, take out the RAM sticks and try with each of them (a single stick) in the A2 RAM slot
  3. If still nothing, leave one RAM stick, and take out the M2 SSD and see if you boot at least to the point when you see on the screen the message "no operating system found"

Solution