[SOLVED] No bottleneck but super low FPS

Sep 13, 2019
So I have a low FPS in a lot of games for example in PUBG I get no more than 80 FPS on low settings and my frames stay at 40-60 when I load in this snow map called vakendi it also bottlenecks in GTA going between 40-60 FPS the same results in games like rust and Conan exiles There is no bottleneck I checked the benchmark

My specs:

GPU - GTX 1080

CPU - Ryzen 7 1800x

PSU - 600W

RAM - 32GB ram (4) 8gb Corsair Vengeanance LPX

I built this PC myself when i first got it it had a way worse GPU CPU and RAM I put in a whole new mobo because the old one was outdated and couldn’t support any of the latest specs I honestly don’t know what to do and I don’t want to buy a new PC however this isn’t the first time I upgraded this PC the first time I upgraded it to the Ryzen 5 2600 with 16GB of the same ram I have with this rig and GTX 1060 3gb as of now with this new rig I don’t see any FPS difference from my old rig u less I’m playing apex legends I get like a constant 140+ FPS on that

Solution
Make sure you get your OS direct from Microsoft.
Make sure you have all of your drivers up to date.

As long as the above is completed, there's no reason why you should be experiencing low performance like this.

-Wolf sends
As Wolfshadw stated...a clean install of Windows will likely resolve all of your issues.

You did not state what HHD you are using and if it's full...on the off chance a clean install of Windows doesn't fix your issues the next likely item is having an old or full HHD that Windows is struggling to use for it's page file.

Sep 13, 2019
Make sure you get your OS direct from Microsoft.
Make sure you have all of your drivers up to date.

As long as the above is completed, there's no reason why you should be experiencing low performance like this.

-Wolf sends
Okay and I heard there’s a way to go to Microsoft website and load the OS to a flash drive should I use that method and boot my PC using the flash drive? Also do I need another product key or can I use my previous one from this PC

CPU - Ryzen 7 1800x

however this isn’t the first time I upgraded this PC the first time I upgraded it to the Ryzen 5 2600
For games these two should be pretty much exact equals,the older one runs a couple of hundred Mhz faster while the newer one has a little improved IPC.
No game will exceed 12 threads right now,at least not when getting min/avg FPS.
So basically you are not supposed to see any better FPS except for cases where the old GPU was holding you back.

Sep 13, 2019
For games these two should be pretty much exact equals,the older one runs a couple of hundred Mhz faster while the newer one has a little improved IPC.
No game will exceed 12 threads right now,at least not when getting min/avg FPS.
So basically you are not supposed to see any better FPS except for cases where the old GPU was holding you back.
So you mean to tell me that either of these processors with a gtx 1080 can’t get me any better than 40-60 FPS on pubg with low settings?

Sep 13, 2019
He is saying that both processors are equivalent when comparing gaming performance. The problem you are having was not what he was referring to.
Okay another guy told me that I have to reinstall my OS because I replaced the motherboard when I upgraded the rig do you have another idea on a solution that can fix my issue

Okay another guy told me that I have to reinstall my OS because I replaced the motherboard when I upgraded the rig do you have another idea on a solution that can fix my issue
He is definitely in the right when he is telling you to reinstall the OS when making huge hardware changes such as the ones you made in the past. Until this is done and ruled out as the issue there is little else to go on.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Sep 13, 2019
When you make significant changes in hardware, like changing the motherboard, it's really a good idea to perform a clean install of Windows.

-Wolf sends
I reinstalled windows using a USB I tried to do it while booting my PC and when I got to the menu it told me to reinstall windows when my computer is fully booted so when my pc fully booted I opened the usb files and ran the setup from there now I’m back in my PC and I see no difference in FPS however I only tried to see the changes in one game I haven’t started any other games yet but so far I tried it in PUBG and I can’t even get 100 FPS when I turn all settings to low except for textures and anti anilising however when I look up benchmark tests for this game with my rig I should be getting no less than 120 FPS and I get like 60-90 sometimes it drops to 50’s and 40’s still I even turned my GPU fan all the way to max however my GPU usage is very high like in 80’a and 90’s sometimes 70’s

Sep 13, 2019
I reinstalled windows using a USB I tried to do it while booting my PC and when I got to the menu it told me to reinstall windows when my computer is fully booted so when my pc fully booted I opened the usb files and ran the setup from there now I’m back in my PC and I see no difference in FPS however I only tried to see the changes in one game I haven’t started any other games yet but so far I tried it in PUBG and I can’t even get 100 FPS when I turn all settings to low except for textures and anti anilising however when I look up benchmark tests for this game with my rig I should be getting no less than 120 FPS and I get like 60-90 sometimes it drops to 50’s and 40’s still I even turned my GPU fan all the way to max however my GPU usage is very high like in 80’a and 90’s sometimes 70’s
Okay so now my CPU is hitting 80-100% as soon as the match starts

however when I look up benchmark tests for this game with my rig I should be getting no less than 120 FPS and I get like 60-90 sometimes it drops to 50’s and 40’s
Yeah you have to read up on what exactly the benchmarks are showing you.
Pubg has a record feature since some time ago and most benchmarks are just playing back such a recording.

Of course also make sure to update your bios and monitor your single core boost,if you get low single core clocks it will affect your FPS quite a bit.

Sep 13, 2019
Yeah you have to read up on what exactly the benchmarks are showing you.
Pubg has a record feature since some time ago and most benchmarks are just playing back such a recording.

Of course also make sure to update your bios and monitor your single core boost,if you get low single core clocks it will affect your FPS quite a bit.
Single core boost?