Question No clue what is wrong TBH

Jul 14, 2020
To the future saviors, my computer has recently been unable to turn on(fans not spinning, as if no power was there). This happens on and off and started about a month ago when i stopped using it on a daily basis. Also, the clock seems to be off by a few hours every now and then for no reason. Recently i gave up trying to turn the computer on and went to sleep, only to wake up with my computer turned on but no display. I tried troubleshooting it and it turns out it would not show a display if RAM 2 was slotted in Slot 2. So instead i opted to boot the PC with a single RAM 1 on Slot 1. After playing for a while, i shut the computer down to rest and tried to turn it back on a few hours later. It refuses to turn on. Same issue. A weird sense told me maybe my ram had nothing to do with all these random issues, so i slotted it back in, RAM 2 into Slot 2, and the ram worked for some reason. I tried checking my PSU and all is fine, i tried removing the CMOS battery and reinserting, it didn't work. checked all the usual like the cables and the power cables and yeah the basic stuff. Even tried to turn it on without a CMOS battery(read that it was still suppose to turn on without it) and it still doesn't turn on. By now, turning the computer on is based on luck, sometimes i'm lucky and it turns on. No issues when the computer is on, no fps drops or BSODs or anything actually, everything is fine when its on. Looking to get some clarity as to what the issue is. I'm starting to think its the motherboard but it seems to be working fine when it chooses to turn on. No issue whatsoever.

My specs:
AMD A320
2 X 4GB DDR4
GTX 1650
Ryzen 3 2200G
Cooler master MWE 450 (ik its a bad choice)

TLDR: Randomly doesn't turn on - ruled out CMOS battery, PSU, motherboard(unsure), cables and power cables etc. Sometimes turns on but no display. Had to remove perfectly working ram for it to have display. Computer works fine when managed to turn on. sorry for the long post.

Jul 14, 2020
Update : Seems like the issue was tied to the motherboard. Tested by interchanging the variables and the motherboard doesnt seem to be able to turn the PSU on. but at least now i have a cx 750 and a gigabyte aorus =D

TRENDING THREADS