Question no connection after adding a tplink modem/router td-w9970

Petar87

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019
Dear all
hope you are all fine and safe.
I am not a very IT guy. i have a TP LINK modem/router model TD-W9970 which i am not happy with that, but wifi works slowly(at least) and other devices woks with Lan.
I tried two unmanaged switch in one room and noun of those works properly. i reject the first one and now i have a tp link unmanaged tplink tl-sg1008d.
so one cable from my router goes to this one. ps4 work properly but my pc and my tplink access point couldnt get internet. it said something about dns issue.

would you please help me with that?
Thanks in advance
P

kanewolf

Titan
Dear all
hope you are all fine and safe.
I am not a very IT guy. i have a TP LINK modem/router model TD-W9970 which i am not happy with that, but wifi works slowly(at least) and other devices woks with Lan.
I tried two unmanaged switch in one room and noun of those works properly. i reject the first one and now i have a tp link unmanaged tplink tl-sg1008d.
so one cable from my router goes to this one. ps4 work properly but my pc and my tplink access point couldnt get internet. it said something about dns issue.

would you please help me with that?
Thanks in advance
P
Unmanaged switches are pretty dumb devices. The problem is more likely to be your cables. Are they "flat" or homemade ? Is there any in-wall cabling involved?