Question No Display after installing AMD Drivers Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Sep 11, 2024
Build

• MSI B650M Gaming Plus WiFi AM5 (MOTHERBOARD)
  • Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 @ 6000MHz 32GB (RAM KF560C36BWEAK2)
  • Ryzen 7 7800X3D (CPU)
  • NO GRAPHICS CARD. INTEGRATED ONLY
Problem

Currently I have all of these components setup together as a testbench on my desk. All components are correctly seated, and powered. All hardware is working, and responsive, atleast from BIOS. When I boot to Windows, everything works perfectly, until the point comes that I install the AMD Drivers (whether from the official site, or from the MSI Centre), then when reboot occurs, I get some varying graphical problems each time, despite their variations, all are unusable.

I have attempted to redo this on Windows 10 and 11, and recieved differing results. On Windows 10, after drivers were installed, the login screen was tearing, flickering, and unresponsive, it took 10 seconds for the login prompt to show after hitting the space bar. Typing the password was a pain due to the fact I couldn't see anything. When I booted, I was prompted with a message from the Driver Utility saying that my hardware was incompatible, and continues to be unstable. I must emphasize, the system is unusable, not just for a specific task. On Windows 11, I can't even press the space bar, it just freezes on the lock screen.

Attempted Troubleshooting
  1. I had received a tip from someone, who had said that my motherboard + RAM being set to EXPO could be the cause here; something to do with memory not being reserved for graphics. As a result, I reset my BIOS, and, subsequently, EXPO and XMP have been disabled.
  2. I updated my BIOS to the latest release, from factory version.
  3. I have reinstalled both Windows 10, and 11, 3 times respectively, from different install mediums to ensure nothing was corrupted.
  4. I have tried using an SSD (one nvme and sata) and a HDD.
  5. I had tried using the older two releases of the driver too.
  6. On different attempts, I had used the drivers provided from the MSI Download Utility, and from the AMD offiicial product page.
None of these seemed to work at all.

Ultimately I am a little stuck. I don't know if purchasing a graphics card will fix this issue or not.