Mar 1, 2019
Hi everyone, i bought i new sumsang 2gb ram 800mghz for my pc and when plug it in my pc turn on but there s no display on the screen. My pc is an HP pro 3130M with 2 sticks of 2 gb same as the one i bought. Please i need help as fast as you can

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Mixing RAM modules is not guaranteed to work. This is why manufacturers sell RAM in packs. Because technically, the packs are the only ones guaranteed to work together.

The fact that they might be the same size / make / model is irrelevant.

Obviously I'm assuming that you've also plugged the RAM into the slots as per the motherboard manual? You can try each stick individually, and each slot on the motherboard to confirm if there is a physical hardware problem.

Reactions: Shivaxxii
Mar 1, 2019
Mixing RAM modules is not guaranteed to work. This is why manufacturers sell RAM in packs. Because technically, the packs are the only ones guaranteed to work together.

The fact that they might be the same size / make / model is irrelevant.

Obviously I'm assuming that you've also plugged the RAM into the slots as per the motherboard manual? You can try each stick individually, and each slot on the motherboard to confirm if there is a physical hardware problem.