Question No display, fans not spinning, heatsink heating up

Oct 22, 2022
Hi,
Just today I was using my computer like normal until I shut it down and turned it on again a lil after. There was no display and the fans didn't move, but the heatsink was hot when I touched it.

So far I've tried:
  • Changing the GPU's thermal paste, removing dust and putting it again in the slot
  • Connecting the HDMI to the integrated graphics. It doesn't give display if the GPU is still on its respective slot, otherwise, it works okay.
  • Using one stick of ram with the GPU still in the slot. No display.

I'm obviously supposing that the GPU has died somehow since integrated graphics work fine, but the fact that it still produces heat while connected bothers me, and makes me think it could also be something else.

I also don't know any way to know if it's not a power PSU problem since the GPU doesn't use a 6pin cable

Specs:
GPU: MSI GTX 1050Ti
CPU: Intel Pentium G4600
RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 2400mhz
Motherboard: MSI B250M Gaming Pro
PSU: EVGA 450B

Hi,
Just today I was using my computer like normal until I shut it down and turned it on again a lil after. There was no display and the fans didn't move, but the heatsink was hot when I touched it.

So far I've tried:
  • Changing the GPU's thermal paste, removing dust and putting it again in the slot
  • Connecting the HDMI to the integrated graphics. It doesn't give display if the GPU is still on its respective slot, otherwise, it works okay.
  • Using one stick of ram with the GPU still in the slot. No display.
I'm obviously supposing that the GPU has died somehow since integrated graphics work fine, but the fact that it still produces heat while connected bothers me, and makes me think it could also be something else.

I also don't know any way to know if it's not a power PSU problem since the GPU doesn't use a 6pin cable

Specs:
GPU: MSI GTX 1050Ti
CPU: Intel Pentium G4600
RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 2400mhz
Motherboard: MSI B250M Gaming Pro
PSU: EVGA 450B
You just have to try GPU somewhere else, it can heat up and still not work because it also has multi stage VRM of which one part might not work. Or you can try another GPU to eliminate PCI x16 slot as culprit.