Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2019
Hello! Currently I'm using AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G with Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics.

For the past few days I encounter some problems with the booting of my PC wherein after the Windows logo, the OS doesn't boot and just can be seen with the No Signal on the monitor. But in Safe Mode, the pc works just fine as well as its display. I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the graphics card driver but still, black screen happens in the Normal boot.

I presume that my graphics card driver is corrupted or hardware problem.

What should I do? Hope someone could help me with my problem.

My Build:
AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G with Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics
MSI B450M Mortar
Gskill Trident-Z 8x2GB 3000Mhz RAM
Kingston 240GB SSD
Western Digital Blue 1TB
Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W

P.S. I am very much willing to listen to any troubleshooting measures you guys will suggest me.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019
amd just have another driver out yesterday/today, did you try that?
Yes. I have already tried the latest driver but still black screen is there.

Btw my mobo's BIOS is MSI Click BIOS v1.8. Should I maybe tweak something in the BIOS?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019
amd just have another driver out yesterday/today, did you try that?
Last time i used my PC September 11 around 2AM (Philippine Time) and that time I am editing videos using Priemere Pro. The pc works just fine until I turned on the PC again last Thursday night and now the black acreen after Windows logo happened.

I tried reinstalling windows, resetting CMOS, and reinstalling the drivers especially the graphics driver (as i have just mentioned on my first post) and all of it doesn't solve the issue.

Sep 15, 2019
Last time i used my PC September 11 around 2AM (Philippine Time) and that time I am editing videos using Priemere Pro. The pc works just fine until I turned on the PC again last Thursday night and now the black acreen after Windows logo happened.

I tried reinstalling windows, resetting CMOS, and reinstalling the drivers especially the graphics driver (as i have just mentioned on my first post) and all of it doesn't solve the issue.

Hi all
Did you solve your problem because I have a similar if not the same problem.

My configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I Gaming, BIOS ver. 2801
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2400G, Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2
Memory: G.SKILL AEGIS 16 GB DDR4 (2x8 GB), F4-3000C16D-16GISB
DISK: SSD SanDisk PLUS 240GB

I normally install windows 10, Asus drivers via Asus grid application and download and install Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 drivers.

Restarting the system works and starting after a short time after a shutdown, but if I do a shutdown of the PC before I go to sleep an start it in the morning and after the Asus logo and circling dots (I think Asus logo replaces windows logo) I get to a black screen without a cursor, 'ctrl + alt + del' combination doesn't do anything.

If, after 3 unsuccessful boots, I enter safe mode and do a normal restart from it the system boots normally.

The thing I noticed that during the startup process the text "Press del to enter bios setup" is stretched when the boot process results with black screen.
When the text "Press del to enter bios setup" is smaller and cleaner the system boots into windows 10 successfully.

Reactions: edsheeralph
Sep 13, 2019
Hi all
Did you solve your problem because I have a similar if not the same problem.

My configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I Gaming, BIOS ver. 2801
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2400G, Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2
Memory: G.SKILL AEGIS 16 GB DDR4 (2x8 GB), F4-3000C16D-16GISB
DISK: SSD SanDisk PLUS 240GB

I normally install windows 10, Asus drivers via Asus grid application and download and install Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 drivers.

Restarting the system works and starting after a short time after a shutdown, but if I do a shutdown of the PC before I go to sleep an start it in the morning and after the Asus logo and circling dots (I think Asus logo replaces windows logo) I get to a black screen without a cursor, 'ctrl + alt + del' combination doesn't do anything.

If, after 3 unsuccessful boots, I enter safe mode and do a normal restart from it the system boots normally.

The thing I noticed that during the startup process the text "Press del to enter bios setup" is stretched when the boot process results with black screen.
When the text "Press del to enter bios setup" is smaller and cleaner the system boots into windows 10 successfully.
Well I have already solved this problem. i have checked my PC on local pc outlet on my place and there were no problems with the cpu nor the monitor. thus, the only problem was with my HDMI cable. so i bought a new one and then black screens no more.

try to use another cable. you might also have a faulty hdmi cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.