Question no display

May 7, 2019
why my monitor has no display if i start switching outlet it turns on but if i try it in another day it always repeats is there anything i can do?

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about the problem as you describe it.

However, if the monitor sometimes works when plugged into the outlet and then sometimes does not work, then there may be a loose electrical connection inside the outlet.

You will need a qualified electrician or very knowledgeable friend or family member to check the outlet.

One way to test is to run an extension cord from another known working outlet to power the monitor. If the monitor displays without any outages then the monitors is likely not the problem.

That would leave the outlet as the most likely source.

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
I had a similar problem. I own an ASUS X99-E motherboard and while the pc power was off and the plug was inside the psu, and switched off from the back, i switched to XMP mode by moving the switch from the left side to the right side. That caused something to go wrong on my board. I realized as i turned on my computer and no display was there.

The pc was showing led and the monitor led kept flashing. That means the BIOS config is screwd and i chose to reset the board. I also tried to remove my video card and change the cables around from hDMI to dvi etc but no luck even i used video card in another pc, it would work but when put back into my pc it did nothing. To solve the trick you have to clear the cmos in a reliable way. Another issue that caused this, is when i attempt to put another ram stick into the black colored ram slot and i left the grey slot empty and that grey slot must also have the ram present or else no display will be shown. To reset the cmos follow the steps. This is not one of those other practical guides on internet showing you to clear your cmos. I did their way but it did not work. They say to put the jumper on for 30 sec and and then while power is on, shut it down. Its okay but not that accurate. Try my step and it may work. I also did their way, but it didnt work. For new boards its quite differant.

So try this:

- Remove all cords from the board including atx cord, sata cables, connectors for power etc. Remove all components like RAM, cpu, psu cords, video card, sound card, wifi card, usb cards etc.. Remove the cmos battery. Also remove the power cable from the back and switch the pc off mode on the psu. Plug the power cable to the power connector on the board and hold it for 55 seconds to clear charge on the board. In newer boards its 55 sec. In older boards its like 30. Short the two cmos NOT THE BATTERY ONE. This is located near the power terminals. Can be called power or clear cmos.. One for negative and the other positive. Then get the cmos jumper, put it on the board were the cmos terminals are. The one in the middle is ground.

put all components back on. Dont plug any connector back yet. Repeat the short battery terminal step and also put jumper on the cmos terminal of the board for 50 seconds. Then put all cable back in but before plug cable back on board , remove the cmos jack.

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Again try to repeat cmos jumper clear trick and battery shorting while all cable plug in, this should take normaly 46 min. It take me 1 hour. Then plug your video cable and power cable and try. It will work and if it dont, send me your board and ill send it back with it fixed i garentee its the cmos configuration. If you choose to buy new board, then send your old one to me and ill try to fix and return to you. I love fixing problems. Ill buy your board and once fixed you can return half back to me