sherburt1

Prominent
Mar 4, 2022
Tried to refit my system with new RAM, got this beep code, tried to reset the CMOS battery, and got this error again.

Specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5600g
Cooler: Stock
GPU: Integrated/5600g (new)
RAM: XPG Z1 DDR4 3200MHz (PC4 25600) (2x8GB)
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B450M-A II
PSU: Corsair CX600M

Hi all, initially I tried to upgrade my RAM from the above by adding another dual channel kit (same kit as before, different color heatsink) to bring it up to 32GB. At first I was worried because I heard 2 dual channel kits don't always play well in quad channel, even if they're the same kit. After installing the 2 new sticks I was unable to get a display out (didn't try beep speaker), so I removed the new kit (back to original 16GB), everything worked fine, and I reset the CMOS, but after resetting the CMOS I was unable to get a display at all (not even BIOS)! Since then I've tried many things and am lucky to have spare parts around but I'm stumped. I keep getting the 1 long beep 3 short beeps code.

What I've tried in chronological order:
  1. BIOS flashbacking the mother board, same beeps
  2. Single channel according to the manual with each of the 4 sticks, same beeps
  3. Dual channel with just the new kit, same beeps
Moved CPU over to a NEW second ASUS B450M-A II motherboard with JUST PSU/CPU/RAM:
  1. Single channel according to the manual with each of the 4 sticks, same beeps
  2. Dual channel with just the OLD kit, same beeps
  3. Dual channel with just the NEW kit, same beeps
  4. Dual channel with a second NEW kit, (G Skill this time), same beeps
Replaced the CPU with a second 5600g on the second ASUS B450M-A II motherboard with JUST PSU/CPU/RAM:
Again,
I'm not sure where to go from here, feel like I'm taking crazy pills with getting the same error on a new CPU/RAM/MOBO setup so ANY help/suggestions are appreciated.

D

Deleted member 2947362

I Know you said your lucky to have the spare parts but that don't sound like much luck to me.
anyway
So you swapped the old CPU to for another CPU, replaced the Motherboard with another motherboard, and now tried 3 different kits of ram and still get the same problem?

sherburt1

Prominent
Mar 4, 2022
I Know you said your lucky to have the spare parts but that don't sound like much luck to me.
anyway
So you swapped the old CPU to for another CPU, replaced the Motherboard with another motherboard, and now tried 3 different kits of ram and still get the same problem?
That's all true. I'm not so lucky when you put it that way I guess lol

D

Deleted member 2947362

Pfff thats a real head scratcher ? I think if I was at this point I would try using a bigger hammer when inserting the CPU!

But really, so we know the BEEP indicate memory failure are there any LED's on the motherboards that light when PC is posting like near ram , near cpu if there are what colour are they green or red.

D

Deleted member 2947362

I stand corrected it is indeed GPU code sorry for a critical mistake on my behalf.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Tried to refit my system with new RAM, got this beep code, tried to reset the CMOS battery, and got this error again.

Specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5600g
Cooler: Stock
GPU: Integrated/5600g (new)
RAM: XPG Z1 DDR4 3200MHz (PC4 25600) (2x8GB)
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B450M-A II
PSU: Corsair CX600M

Hi all, initially I tried to upgrade my RAM from the above by adding another dual channel kit (same kit as before, different color heatsink) to bring it up to 32GB. At first I was worried because I heard 2 dual channel kits don't always play well in quad channel, even if they're the same kit. After installing the 2 new sticks I was unable to get a display out (didn't try beep speaker), so I removed the new kit (back to original 16GB), everything worked fine, and I reset the CMOS, but after resetting the CMOS I was unable to get a display at all (not even BIOS)! Since then I've tried many things and am lucky to have spare parts around but I'm stumped. I keep getting the 1 long beep 3 short beeps code.

What I've tried in chronological order:
  1. BIOS flashbacking the mother board, same beeps
  2. Single channel according to the manual with each of the 4 sticks, same beeps
  3. Dual channel with just the new kit, same beeps
Moved CPU over to a NEW second ASUS B450M-A II motherboard with JUST PSU/CPU/RAM:
Replaced the CPU with a second 5600g on the second ASUS B450M-A II motherboard with JUST PSU/CPU/RAM:
Again,
I'm not sure where to go from here, feel like I'm taking crazy pills with getting the same error on a new CPU/RAM/MOBO setup so ANY help/suggestions are appreciated.
I'm stunned at my own ignorance here, I updated my PC's BIOS to its latest Ver when it originally had an R5 1600 CPU I then upgraded the CPU sometime later to the R5 5600 everything was fine no problems

That was until I decided to have a little play around with BIOS revision's

Why? You might ask, Probs because I was just bored and thought I test some BIOS's

anyway

So Duh like a numpty I flashed the BIOS to older an revision and bingo Black Screen Of Most Numpty

funny thing is I realised whoop's as soon as Clicked Ok to let the update procced

Which meant ... yup you guessed It take PC apart replace CPU back to R5 1600 reflash to latest BIOS this time also flashing the Back-Up BIOS to the latest then replace CPU back to the R5 5600 ... oh the joy of it all..

It's not like you didn't supply enough info for the penny to drop although different circumstances (as mine was self inflicted lol) the resolve was the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

zx128k

Reputable
I'm stunned at my own ignorance here, I updated my PC's BIOS to its latest Ver when it originally had an R5 1600 CPU I then upgraded the CPU sometime later to the R5 5600 everything was fine no problems

That was until I decided to have a little play around with BIOS revision's

Why? You might ask, Probs because I was just bored and thought I test some BIOS's

anyway

So Duh like a numpty I flashed the BIOS to older an revision and bingo Black Screen Of Most Numpty

funny thing is I realised whoop's as soon as Clicked Ok to let the update procced

Which meant ... yup you guessed It take PC apart replace CPU back to R5 1600 reflash to latest BIOS this time also flashing the Back-Up BIOS to the latest then replace CPU back to the R5 5600 ... oh the joy of it all..

It's not like you didn't supply enough info for the penny to drop although different circumstances (as mine was self inflicted lol) the resolve was the same.
You did alright. Beep codes ASUS website.

D

Deleted member 2947362

You did alright. Beep codes ASUS website.
The mistake on the beep codes was a bad one I should of checked before even thinking of clicking reply (you'd thought I'd learnt that after my bios escapade lol) which if not promptly being corrected assuming the OP didn't know the Beep code, would of led to a completely wrong direction and waste of time resolving nothing and poss stressing out the OP in the process

Hi 🤡 I'm Plumet,
how can I completely waste your time and even possibly stress your entire evening 🤬? .... Bye and have a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
The mistake on the beep codes was a bad one I should of checked before even thinking of clicking reply (you'd thought I'd learnt that after my bios escapade lol) which if not promptly being corrected assuming the OP didn't know the Beep code, would of led to a completely wrong direction and waste of time resolving nothing and poss stressing out the OP in the process

Hi 🤡 I'm Plumet,
how can I completely waste your time and even possibly stress your entire evening 🤬? .... Bye and have a grate day.
Beep codes: https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm