Excalibur

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
I am trying to connect a microphone to my pc but when I plug it into the back port on my Soundblaster audigy 2zs it doesn't come up with anything. As when I go into sound recorder it does not record anything and when I try to talk to ppl I get nothing what have I done wrong as I thought that all I have to do is plug my Micrphone and it should be recognised

My Mum always said God has a plan, guess I was Plan B

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
The mic isn't going to be seen/installed as a device when you plug it in. You will need to make sure that the mic is not muted, is turned up in the sound blaster manager thing and/or in the windows sound manager, and is plugged into the right jack on the soundcard.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Windows mutes the microphone by default in volume controls. Often it's not even shown on the soundbar unless you manually go into "properties" and select it to be shown.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>