[SOLVED] No microphones work with computer

Dec 13, 2019
I've tried all the obvious things, given access to apps through settings, checked the levels in sound settings. The microphones work fine on another computer.

It's really weird. I have a 3.5mm line in mic, that won't work if you go through a splitter. And for some reason the only usb mic that works is in my Oculus Rift headset. Any headset mics or desk mics do not work at all. I've tried everything I can think of. Maybe my sound card is busted? Or could there be a program blocking mic input?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me crazy.

Solution
Hello

Can you please tell if the microphone worked fine earlier, or is this the new PC you're trying to use the mic on?

Also, can you please check if BIOS update is available?

If the sound card driver was automatically updated, please try rolling back to an earlier built and see if it helps.

If nothing works, please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command and let Windows automatically detect and rectify the problem for you.

Good Luck!!
Hello

Can you please tell if the microphone worked fine earlier, or is this the new PC you're trying to use the mic on?

Also, can you please check if BIOS update is available?

If the sound card driver was automatically updated, please try rolling back to an earlier built and see if it helps.

If nothing works, please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command and let Windows automatically detect and rectify the problem for you.

Good Luck!!

Solution