Question No monitor output from graphic card with qcode A0

belham

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
i recently restarted my computer after about a month or 2 of simply putting it to sleep and now the only way i can get any video output is by using the motherboard video input. the only thing i did was addon an artic extreme cooler before the restart.

the motherboard shows the qcode A0 which means everything is alright but i have no video output when using the graphic card. it lights up and the fan spins but just no video output. only using the motherboard video input do can i see the computer load up.

all i did was a restart....no idea what has gone wrong. i have tried repluging the graphic card ... but nothing works. how can i solve this?

i5-4690k
z87
2x 8gb ram
250 gb sata hd
saffire r9 270

belham

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
After days of trying to seperate each component out , this is what i have seen:

[1] as long as i do not have my gpu connected with power cables, my computer runs fine as long as my monitor cable is connected to the onboard gpu connector

[1] if i have my gpu connected to the power cable and ANY of my usb plugged in, i get an AE error message and no display

[3] if i have my gpu connected to the power cable and NONE of my usb plugged in, i get an A0 error message and no display

can someone plz help me with what is going on?