Diceflix

Reputable
May 22, 2016
Hi All,

i have Ryzen 3 1200, recently replace the Wraith cooler with Deepcool Gammaxx 400, i decided to replace with after-market cooler based on it's good credibility and reviews out there, however i barely see any difference in performance with the stock wraith cooler.

Both have idle temps at 38 C during start-up. I have set the fan speed on BIOS to performance mode even, also repasting during the installation. (monitoring by Afterburner and AMD Ryzen Master software)

During games such as FC 5, the temps on Gammaxx reach 55 C after 10 minutes play, pretty much same as Wraith stealth i can say. I know the temps are okay, but how can be it has similar result with the stock cooler?

From what i understand Gammaxx 400 should have better performance by quite big Margins based on reviews and tests that's why i decided to buy it in the first place

What could be the issue?

Thanks

Diceflix

Reputable
May 22, 2016
That is a little strange - I would expect the Gammaxx to outperform the Wraith.....but your chip might be boosting higher/for longer with the added thermal headroom? Perhaps it was throttling before?

As far as i remember i have never throttle the CPU, not even radeon chill during gaming, i did attempt to OC the CPU with stock cooler to 3.7 and 3.8 tho it was failed. So i just OC the CPU through Ryzen Master to 3.4 Ghz only during games