Question No post from PC not booting

leblanc

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2012
Hi all,

My pc had cocacola spill after drying up I turned on and it booted then I shut it off and tried again later and wont boot.

What happens: all fans spin, all rgb ON, Icue capellix on, the GPU spin the Light goes On the OFF quickly but keeps spinning.

No post no booting.

Whats causing the issue? Why did it boot up but now it wont?

Thanks

leblanc

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2012
the cola

did you clean it or just let it dry and not bake to the motherboard and everything?
I let it dry, started it up, booted but I noticed a bit of water left on the top radiator fan. Then shut it off. Cleaned everything with isopropyl alcohol and let it dry again. Turned on, and wont boot. The aeorus x570 lights come on the board all fans spin the gpu lights up then lights goes out but everything keeps spinning. I moved the Gpu to the 2nd pciE and and turned on then I heard beeps, pc shut off the on off then on I unplugged. changed the Gpu back to the main slot again doesnt post every light comes on and everything spin, GPU behave the same with the light On then OFF, changed the GPU does the same. Took all Memory leaving one ON , nothing. Tried removing the battery of the MOBo and put it back ON nothing.

I really want it to work, I spent so much time and effort on it also all my life its in those NVme drives.

leblanc

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2012
Hello, So i tried one more time cleaned everything and suddenly the pc boots, but it doesnt recognize my NVM2 KC3000 the nvme get warm but cant see it on the Bios.

I update the BIOS to the latest F38 for gygabyte aeorus.

I doubt the NVME is toasted, everything else in the pc works my other NVME works, all ram, gpu, ect.

leblanc

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2012
did you take the nvme drive out when you where clean everything?
Yes, the pc even booted a couple of hours after the spillage. But I noticed a bit more water/coke condensed in the radiator, so I shut it off by turning the PSU switch off. After cleaning everything again and let it dry, the PC wouldnt even boot not matter how much I tried, then after days of sitting there I started playing with RAM on the slots and booted, all components work even my second NVME but it doesnt recognize the KC3000. It hard for me to believe thats the onyl part that got toasted when everything else wasnt working and the it got running.