Motakuji

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2015
Hello,
Few days ago I bought new pc parts and assembled it. After assembling it, my pc wont’ boot up and the mothetboard shows no life, even tried motherboard without the case and still no life in it. I double checked all the cables, tried sticking in just one ram kit in every socket, tried removing GPU, tried removing every cable one by one, tried reseating the cpu and changing thermal paste. Everything is connected properly.
PC parts are:
RX5700XT SAPPHIRE NITRO+
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK (MAX)
CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200MHZ CL16 16GB 1.35V (2x8)
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 3,6 Ghz (with stock wraith cooler)
PSU EVGA SUPER NOVA G2 80+ 750w
CASE FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R5
I bought MAX board just for the MOBO to be compatible with CPU out of the box, but is there a chance that this board does’t have the required BIOS update? I was thinking of removing CMOS and placing it back in, but I still didn’t do it, because I don’t know the consequences.

Solution
The Max's were specifically made so the end user doesn't have to update BIOS using an older gen processor. It's also why you have a checkbox/list of all the processor supported and which one isn't.

With your parts all dissembled, have you tried working with them on a donor system to see if the parts are all okay individually? Perhaps borrow another PSU to power up the system.

You could also try and remove the CMOS battery from the board before replacing it after 15 minutes and try working with your parts.

Lutfij

Titan
The Max's were specifically made so the end user doesn't have to update BIOS using an older gen processor. It's also why you have a checkbox/list of all the processor supported and which one isn't.

With your parts all dissembled, have you tried working with them on a donor system to see if the parts are all okay individually? Perhaps borrow another PSU to power up the system.

You could also try and remove the CMOS battery from the board before replacing it after 15 minutes and try working with your parts.

Solution

Motakuji

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2015

Thank you for fast response.
I don’t have a donor system. I will try removing CMOS and place it back after 15 minutes.

Motakuji

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2015

Looks like i fixed the booting problem. I didn’t connect the case correctly to the MOBO, because the manual wasn’t specific enough. There were two identical connection pins, one for the case and another serial port connector. They looked the same. 5 days wasted, but I’m glad i fixed it.