[SOLVED] no post tried everything in before post thread

jcolejdawg

Commendable
Nov 27, 2019
Ive posted some time ago about no post and ive tried everything in the thread people linked. I did a breadboard and I just recently got around to completely taking everything apart and putting all the parts together outside the case to see if it would solve it. I still have the same problems of no post and the cpu debug light will come on and then go away after a few seconds or just stay on altogether. everything is in the slots and all cables are right. I have tried both hdmi and dp ports on different monitors with no luck. Wondering if it is something wrong with the mb but id rather not buy a new one if its not the problem. Is there any way I can test to see if the motherboard works. I also got a brand new cpu and installed it thinking that was the problem but no luck there. If anyone could actually help and link me to the post about no boot I would be very appreciative.

my specs
amd ryzen 7 2700x
msi b450 tomahawk mb
2 tforce delta ddr4
intel 660p series ssd
rtx 2060 super
evga GD 600w gold rated psu

Solution
Just a guess based on your description of the problem and how components work and what their failure rates are. Unless you've messed up a cpu during installation, they pretty much never fail--so motherboard.

jcolejdawg

Commendable
Nov 27, 2019
When the motherboard was the suspect, why did you buy another cpu?

Well, if your second cpu also doesn't work--more than likely it's the motherboard.
how would i know what the issue is will i just have to buy another motherboard? I thought it was fine because all the lights were working on it but i guess it could be something else wrong with it.

jcolejdawg

Commendable
Nov 27, 2019
Just a guess based on your description of the problem and how components work and what their failure rates are. Unless you've messed up a cpu during installation, they pretty much never fail--so motherboard.
You are a genius thanks all I had to do was get a new mobo and it’s all working good thank you so much